The Nigeria Total/NNPC National Merit Scholarship is annual scholarship award given by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), together with their venture partners. This annual scholarship is part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.
Furthermore, the Nigeria Total/NNPC National Merit Scholarship Application Form And Requirements is open to all undergraduates in Nigerian universities. However, it is specifically for those who are in year 1 and 2 at the time of applying for the scholarship.
Nigeria Total/NNPC National Merit Scholarship Application Form And Requirements
Below is the requirements for application.
- The call for submission of applications is publicized in the national dailies. It is also be online on Total website as well as on the Company Intranet
- All Scholarship awards are by merit selection after the intending beneficiary has presented himself/herself, sat for and passed the selection tests at the designated centres across the Country
- The application process is online
- A national Examination body administers, conducts and marks the selection examination and provides the tests results in a secure environment
- Selection tests is annual for that current academic session
- Student verification exercise is carried out from time to time students on the scheme.
- An Award letter signed by the Deputy Managing Director, DMD, of TUCN is the sole evidence of commitment of TUCN to the awardee. The beneficiary must return a fully signed Acceptance Form committing him/her to the regulations guiding the National Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Payment of the award is strictly into the beneficiary’s personal bank account. The first payments shall be made within two months of the award while the subsequent payments shall be upon receipt of annual school result of beneficiary.
- Beneficiaries are strictly first or second year students of tertiary institutions and must have completed all admission processes and have obtained duly signed university Admission/Offer Letter and/or Student Matriculation number
- Also, no changes in the course of study, the location of study or the duration of course is entertained during the life of the National Merit Scholarship award. Any such change must be communicated in a written application and reviewed on its merit
- The National Merit Scholarship award is non-transferable and non-extendable. It is not a future Engagement Contract neither is any student under any Bond with the Company during or after the period of award.
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Also, show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Fianlly, show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
Also See: Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Application 2017
How To Apply
This Total/NNPC National Merit Scholarship like we’ve said is released annually. Whenever it is released, the application portal is opened. Here is the application processes.
- Log onto the portal.
- Enter your Personal Information.
- Next is to fill in your Contact Information.
- Afterwards, you will be asked your origin.
- The next is your result information.
- Review Application
- Then, submit your application. An email will be sent to you.
Please Note: The application portal opens up in the month of October each year and ends on 31st October, yearly, while the application test for the scholarship comes up on the first week of December yearly.
N150,000 per Student per Academic Year.
If this Nigeria Total/NNPC National Merit Scholarship Application Form And Requirements was helpful to you, please share. Thank you.