The Nigerian voters card and the Nigerian national ID card are the two of the most commonly used cards in Nigeria. These two national cards are of very important essence to the Nigerian state and its citizens. They both play different roles and functions in the nation. In this article title Nigerian National ID Card Vs Nigerian Voters Card – Uses And Differences Between The Both, we would look at the various uses of the two cards. We would also consider the different parts of the card with detailed imageries.
Between the Nigerian National ID Card Vs Nigerian Voters Card, it is observed that the Nigerian national ID card play more roles than the voter cards. As the name implies, the national ID card is primarily used for identification whereas the voters card is primarily limited to electoral purposes. Let us delve into their different roles in bigger details. Read on.
Nigerian National ID Card Vs Nigerian Voters Card – Uses And Differences Between The Both
Since we are comparing the both, we would love to present the uses and differences of the voters and national ID cards in a tabular format. Note, in pointing out the uses, we are essentially pointing out the differences of the both cards.
The Uses And differences between the Nigerian Voters and National ID Cards
|S/N||NATIONAL ID CARD||VOTERS CARD|
|1||Primarily, the national ID Card is used for identification. It separates one individual’s identity from another.||The primary function of the voters card is primarily for voting. Therefore, a voters card is used in voting exercises.|
|2||National ID cards serve national security purposes. Government officials can prevent individuals who are not supposed to be in a certain area, such as individuals who have been deemed national security threats, from performing certain actions such as flying.||Furthermore, a voters card can also be used to identify individuals. If an individual is without a national ID card, he/she can use the voters card as an alternative for identification.|
|3||National ID Card serves as a source of information on a particular individual. A national ID card can reveal details about the owner’s health status and other essential information.||Voters card can also serve as a source of information on an individual but has limited information compared to an ID card.|
|4||ID cards help combat identity theft. If a country has universal standards for ID cards and is able to prevent forgery of these cards, conducting identity theft can be more difficult because the owner of the ID card can prove his identity.||Voters card, can be used for official and transactional purposes. For instance, individuals can be requested to provide either the national ID card or Voters card for banking activities.|
|5||National ID cards will likely be used to fight illegal employment. Those who are undocumented immigrants are not allowed to work within many countries. Authentic national ID cards will help employers identify if a job applicant is actually a citizen of the country. Etc|
Nigerian National ID Card Vs Nigerian Voters Card – Parts Of The Cards
Parts Of The Nigerian Voters Cards
1. VIN – Voters identification number. This number is used to separate one voter from the other. It is a unique number on the top of the voters card.
2. Delim – This is the voters voting centre. It specify where the voters card was assigned. This is where the voter votes during elections.
3. This is the name of the voter who has the card.
4. This specifies the Gender (male/female) of the card holder.
5. The voters occupation
6. The address of the voter.
7. The code number. This number is also unique and is used for voters identification too.
8. The image of the voter.
Parts Of The Nigerian National ID Card
1. This specifies the name of the card bearer.
2. Date of birth
3. The card bearer’s nationality i.e Nigeria
4. This is a 16 digit identification number of the card bearer. It is different from one user to another.
5. This contains the expiry date of the national ID card. When this happens, the card will need to be renewed.
6. This is the image of the card bearer.
7. The issue date is simply the date when the card was issued to the holder.
8. This is the height of the card bearer.
9. Gender of the card bearer.
10. Document number.
Now you have seen the difference and uses of the Nigerian national ID card vs Nigerian voters card. If you have questions on this, kindly use the comment box below. Thank you.