The Nigerian Navy has released the list of Successful Candidates For Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24. The under listed candidates were successful in the aptitude test for Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) 24 Selection Exercise held on 17 December 2016. The candidates are hereby invited to appear before the DSSC 24 Selection Board for further screening at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School Ojo, Lagos from 10 – 24 April 2017. Candidates are to report on 10 April 2017, those who fail to report on stipulated date automatically stand disqualified.
How To Check The List Of Successful Candidates For Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24
To check if you were among the successful candidates, here are the steps:
- Log onto the Nigerian Navy website: www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Click on “List of shortlisted DSSC 24 Candidates for Interview”.
- In the next opened page, click on the PDF File icon titled “List of shortlisted DSSC 24 Candidates for Interview”.
- The names of the candidates will open up and you check your name.
After being successfully shortlisted, kindly take note of the following:
The Exercise will involve the screening of academic certificates/credentials, medical test, physical fitness test, written and oral examinations. Candidates are therefore to come along with the following:
- Originals and photocopies of academic certificates/credentials including:
- Statement of Results.
- Testimonial for Primary and Secondary Schools attended (with Scratch Cards for Verification of O’Level Results).
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Four (4) recent coloured Passport Photographs.
- Writing materials.
- Three pairs of white (unmarked) vests and navy blue shorts.
- A pair of white canvas/trainers.
- Two bed sheets and pillow cases.
- A set of Cutleries.
Furthermore, please note that the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) 24 Selection Board will only attend to candidates whose names appear on www.joinnigeriannavy.com or www.navy.mil.ng based on the DSSC guidelines.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be single.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2016 except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Local Government Attestation Card.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Submission Of Form
On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s Application ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary. For technical support call 08189308121 and 08189308122 between 09:00 and 16:00 only.
We shall attend to any questions you have regarding the List Of Successful Candidates For Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24. Use the comment box below. Thanks for sharing this.