Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form – This is to inform the general public that the Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form is now out. All interested persons can now apply for the 2018/2019 Direct Short Service Course Commission 26. It was released by the Navy Secretary on behalf of the Chief of Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy. The portal for application is open from 3rd October, 2018.
Below is all you will need to know about the Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form. Let’s read on.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Requirements
Below are the depart by department requirements for Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form.
1. Seaman: BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
2. Accounts and Budget: Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics and Accounting. Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
3. Education: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
e. Library Science (B.Sc)
g. French Language.
h. Chinese Language.
i. Guidance and Counselling.
j. Computer Science.
k. Arabic Language.
4. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
5.Human Resource Management: B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Personnel Management.
b. Public Administration.
c. Human Resource Management.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
6. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics will be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
7. Imam: Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage.
8. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields.
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
9. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
a. Website development and management.
b. Networking and network administration.
c. Programming multimedia and software development.
d. Server and database administration.
e. Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
10. Medical. The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
b. Pharmacy: B.Pharm degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
c. Medical Lab Science: Either a BMLS or AIMLS/ equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
d. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with current practicing license.
e. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
f. Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
g. Medical Records/Health Information Management: Minimum of BSc/ HND required with a current practicing license.
h. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with a current practicing license.
i. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with a current practicing license.
j. Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with a current practicing license.
k. Public Health Officer: BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
l. General Nursing/ Midwives: B.NSc and RN/RM with current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND Hospital Administration with current practicing license.
11. Music: BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
12. Sports/PT: BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
13. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Value.
h. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
14. Legal Services: LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must be single.
6. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
7. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is compulsory for the whole process.
8. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
9. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 28 February 2019. Except for Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years.
10. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
11. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the Aptitude Test will be communicated via this website.
Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja –
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja.
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos –
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks, Sokoto.
Applicants are to come along to the Aptitude Test Centres with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
SUBMISSION OF FORM
On completion of the Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’. For technical support, call 08062090473 and 08033063694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
between 0800 and 1700 hours only.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form – How To Apply
To apply for
- Log onto the application portal.
- Click on register.
- Then submit your email and password and register.
- Afterwards, then, complete your application.
Online registration starts on 3 October 2018 and closes on 14 November 2018.
Please ensure you comply with all instructions will applying for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form.