As registration for the NYSC 2017 Batch A Corp members are on-going, we bring to you the requirements for registration of Nigerian Foreign-trained graduates. The notice for these requirements is very essential to ensure the foreign trained graduates are well equipped before applying for the NYSC Mobilization. It is therefore very pertinent that this information be treated with all consideration.
The requirements for registration of Nigerian foreign-trained graduates is meant to be a guide to all concerned. The information contained here is as released by the NYSC website and as such, carries enormous integrity.
Page Table of Contents
Requirements For Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates
The following are the requirements for registration of Nigerian foreign-trained graduates. They include:
- The Originals and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of result and Attestation letters are not acceptable); viz:
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official Transcript of the First Degree or HND programme
- Marks Sheets (for Indian Schools only)
- O’level Certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE, GCSE, NABTEB, High School Diploma for those who schooled in USA e.t.c. Note That Online result Print-out is not acceptable in place of the original certificate.
- Candidate must obtain credit in not less than 5 subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Please note that persons who did a ‘Top up’ programme/Course are required to upload their foundation Certificate e.g APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICTS etc.
- Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required to produce in addition, full Registration Certificate with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN),Optometrists Association of Nigeria, as applicable.
- Pharmacists shall upload and produce in addition, original certificate of registration with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Nurses are to present original Licence and Certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their Licence and certificate of registration with Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.
NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SHOWING CLEARLY:
- Entry Visa to Country of Study
- First Departure Date from Nigeria
- Date of Return to Nigeria
- Data page of the passport
- Graduates with dual nationality are required to Up-load Data pages of both International Passports and present the Passport for verification at the Camp (where more than one international Passports were used during the period of study, candidates should upload Data Pages of the International Passports.
- Residence Permit (for Graduates from Institutions located within West African Countries Only)
Other Requirements For Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates
Peradventure there is loss of very important documents, what could be done? Read on.
Loss Of International Passport
In the event of loss of International Passport, a prospective Corps Member is expected to obtain the following:
- Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing
- Sworn Affidavit
- Evidence of stay in country of study and a New International Passport.
- Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded.
- Loss Of Academic Credentials:FOR LOSS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS, THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED;
- Police Report
- Sworn Affidavit
- Confirmation of Result from either the examination body (for loss of ‘O’ Level Certificate) or the academic institution of graduation (for loss of Degree or HND Certificate).
- Certificates not written in English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC.
- Holders of Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified for mobilization. Therefore, they need not register
- Attestation Letter, Letter of completion of course To Whom It May Concern letter or any related document is not acceptable in lieu of Degree or HND Certificate, Please.
- Statements of Results are also not acceptable in lieu of any certificate.
- Please note that NYSC Management reserves the right to refer to Federal Ministry of Education for Verification, any institution or document which status is questionable.
- Married women would be deployed to the State where their husbands are domiciled, provided their marriage certificates, Husband’s Identification, e.g. Drivers License, International Passport, National ID Card and evidences of change of name are Uploaded/Presented.
- Physical verification of all credentials uploaded by foreign Graduates will take place at the Orientation Camp.
- Foreign Trained Corps Members should not send their credentials home after preliminary registration in the Camp until the credentials are physically verified by duly assigned officer(s) from National Youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters Abuja. Foreign trained Corps Members should also remain in the camp until their credentials are physically verified.
- Any Foreign trained Corps Member who is relocated must show evidence of physical verification of his/her credentials before he/she is registered in the state of relocation.
- Oxford Brookes, Professional Certificates, Correspondence Courses and Certificates through online courses are not acceptable.
- Scanned, online print out or photocopies of Credentials are not acceptable
- Foreign graduates who are Exempted from Service must present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exemption Certificate is issued.
- Foreign graduates who are excluded from Service must also present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exclusion Letter is printed online.
All your questions, comments and contributions on the Requirements For Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates are welcomed. Please share this to help others. Thank you.