For book writers and publishers, Okadabooks is one of the most common household names in Nigeria. Okadabooks offers a lot of publishing and reading opportunities to people from diverse backgrounds in Nigeria. However, despite the obvious functions of Okadabooks, few persons really know a lot about Okadabooks. The Okadabooks FAQs and answers has stepped in to answer that for you.
This Okadabooks FAQs and answers seeks to provide solution to some of the challenges you may have encountered. Also, it wants to answer your questions you may have. This is quite necessary for book readers and publishers alike. So, you fit in.
What is really Okadabooks? It’s a fast, simple and fun way to read books without ever leaving your couch! Send a text, choose a book, then download and start reading — it’s almost as easy as riding an Okada. It’s book reading, reinvented. The idea is the mobile devices have been blamed for the poor reading culture in Nigeria. But rather than criticizing mobile devices and accepting the notion that Nigerians don’t read…Okadabooks seeks to harness the power of the mobile phone to make it easier and cheaper for Nigerians to read. At the end of the day we are powered by the belief that Nigerians do indeed read, if given the chance. It’s high time we looked at the OkadaBooks FAQs And Answers. Isn’t it?
OkadaBooks FAQs And Answers
Here are the questions and answers you’ve waiting for.
1. How Do I Pay For Books?
Okadabooks accepts credit/bank card payments from all over the world including Mars. The customer simply enters their card details in our app and then enters their account refill amount and instantly the users okadabooks account is credited. Purchases can also be made via other methods, to get full details on how to make payments visit here.
2. Is Okadabooks for Android Phones only?
Okadabooks is available on the following platforms, Blackberry via the Amazon store and Windows. The download links are below … Windows,
Blackberry/Amazon, Android, IOS: Send an email to email@example.com.
3. How Much Do Books Cost?
Books cost anywhere from N75 to N375, with authors making about 70% on each sale! (November 2014 update).
4. How Do I Get My Book or Stories Published On Your App?
Upload an epub version of your book or short story and a cover-page (in JPG) here http://okadabooks.com/publication/add. Where it will be instantly added to our library!
5. I Have No Idea How To Create Epubs?
Just go to http://okadabooks.com/publication/add and copy and paste your stories and watch them magically transform to epubs! You can also visit the Okadabooks Facebook page at facebook.com/okadabooks for a guide on coverting books to epub.
6. I Have Short Stories But I Am Not A Published Author, Can I Still Get Published On Okadabooks?
Okadabooks is not just about books and neither are we just about published authors. We created the platform primarily to give up and coming authors published or unpublished an avenue to get their works distributed and monetized as early as possible. We believe this exposure will go far in increasing an authors confidence and revenue.
7 What Counts As Prohibited Content On Okadabooks?
We love freedom of expression at Okadabooks, but prohibited content is where we draw the line. Listed below are a list of prohibited content on Okadabooks.
- Pornography, Nudity, and Sexually Explicit Material: Adult or explicit material depicting illegal acts or deemed to be exploitative shall be considered pornography and blocked or removed from our Website. If your content contains appropriate adult or explicit material, please mark the page as containing mature content as a courtesy to other Users, so that they will have the choice whether or not to view this content. You can do this either in the subtitle or in the opening paragraph of your book description. We reserve the right to put such content containing mature content, behind an interstitial.
- Hateful content: Users may not publish material that promotes hate toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Violent content: Users may not publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people. We also ask Users not to publish content that contains graphic violence. Users may not publish instructional material regarding the creation of weapons of mass destruction.
- Pirated content: Don’t post anything you didn’t write on Okadabooks without the explicit permission of the person who did write it. Don’t upload pirated versions of published works, or any other content that belongs to someone else. Posting plagiarised and pirated works of any kind is illegal and punishable by law.
Failure to adhere to our strict policies will lead to suspension of account and persistent violation will lead to account permanently disabled. If you are unsure of whether your content is in violation of rules above, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also See: How To Make Money from DailyMotion
OkadaBooks FAQs And Answers(Contd)
8. Do You Protect Authors Against Piracy?
Okadabooks hates pirates as much as you do, they steal ships and speak funny. So our team of smart developers have created DRM versions of epubs that ensures that your books are not illegally distributed…I could explain how it works, but I would embarrass myself. However, if you feel that your book has been illegally uploaded to Okadabooks and would like to remove the book from our library and you own the rights to it …. then send an email to email@example.com with proof and we will process your request to remove the book in question.
9. How Much Royalty Do We Get?
Authors make 70% on each sale.
10. Will Okadabooks Promote Books
Yes we can. OkadaBooks currently offers 6 distinct options to help users promote their books. You can find out about the options when you click here.
11. How Do We Get Paid?
To withdraw funds press the withdraw button in your author portal page. If that button is disabled for you, forward your monthly report to firstname.lastname@example.org with your bank account number for Nigerian accounts or paypal email address for international users. Please note a cummulative minimum of N10,000.00 has to be accrued prior to requesting for funds. This is to avoid excessive bank charges. Also, only money made from books sold on OkadaBooks can be paid out from the platform.
12. Are Books Available Only In Nigeria?
Actually no. Books are available in all parts of the world, except when the publisher issues a geographic restriction based on copyright and other legal stuff that we are too slow to understand.
13. Can We Set Any Price?
Technically yes. The vision of okadabooks.com is to provide books at affordable prices to Nigerians. To that end we are strongly recommending that authors price their books at any price below N200. But it is just a recommendation…if you feel the price of your book is N1,000,000 feel free to put it!
14. The Question I Wanted To Ask Is Not Listed Above, What Do I Do?
Have no fear…all you have to do is contact us here email@example.com and one of our mechanical experts would get to you as soon as we can find an answer.
Now, i assume your OkadaBooks FAQs And Answers are settled? You still have issues? That’s why we are here for you. Let’s hear from you then.