The MTN Mega Hunt Promo 2016 is a trivia-based contest that any MTN subscribers can participate in for the chance to win exciting prizes, including an SUV, electronics, and cash prizes given out daily and weekly at the end of each month.
The MTN Mega Hunt Promo 2016 is open to all customers of MTN’s services that are resident in Nigeria (the “Customers”). Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in this Service.
The Mega Promo affords you, our dear subscribers, an opportunity to choose from three categories of participation:
- MTN Freeland – Standard trivia Participation
- MTN Mega Hunt (VIP Class) – Premium trivia Participation
- Master Class (Discovery) – an Infotainment Service
Page Table of Contents
MTN Freeland – Standard Trivia Participation
Become a STANDARD PARTICIPANT in order to enjoy the Trivia Game and participate in the DAILY and WEEKLY STANDARD draws, free of charge. To become a STANDARD PARTICIPANT in the SERVICE you need to send an SMS to the short code 38427 or dial the USSD Code *173*2#.
Every MO SMS sent to 38427 (PARTICIPATION SMS) or call to *173*2# and all MTs from 38427 are free apart from the daily charge notification that shall also be sent from 38427.
MTN Mega Hunt (VIP Class) – Premium Trivia Participation
Become a PREMIUM PARTICIPANT by subscribing in the optional subscription service which gives subscribers the extra feature below in comparison to being a STANDARD PARTICIPANT for a daily cost of 100 NGN per day till the end of the SERVICE PERIOD.
To become a PREMIUM Participant in the Service you need to either Dial the USSD code *173*1# and follow the instructions or send an SMS to the short code 38427. Specific Keywords- such as “VIP” and “OK” sent to the short code 38427 and to accept the consequent confirmation request (Double Opt-In).
Only upon confirmation of the second prompt to subscribe will one be deemed a Participant to the SERVICE according to these Terms & Conditions. No charges will apply until the aforementioned confirmation process is complete. A Subscriber could also join the VIP Class by following the SMS prompts as a standard participant.
For the rest of the SERVICE PERIOD, the Premium Subscriber will be automatically sent one SMS every day (SUBSCRIPTION SMS) through the 38427 short code adding him in the corresponding DAILY & WEEKLY PREMIUM draw and charging him 100 Naira (including all taxes). In order for a Premium Subscriber to be eligible for the Prize of a specific prize period, he/she must be successfully charged at least once within this period.
Master class – The Infotainment Service
Master class, running parallel and promoted through the Service, allows subscribers to enjoy infotainment trivia by having the option to select the content category of their liking (Geography, Health Barometer, World Records) and enjoy an infotainment trivia of questions and answers daily while receiving various informative facts around the specific category.
Additionally and to promote the service, prizes will be given out (SUV/month) in the following manner:
- Subscribers enter a Monthly draw with 50 points upon first time subscription, only for the draw for the month in which they subscribed to the service.
- Subscribers get the option to select content category of their liking only after a successful charge of N20/day
To subscribe in the Infotainment Service, a subscriber needs to either Dial the USSD code *173*3# and follow the instructions or send specific keywords, such as “GO” and “OK” to the short code 38436 and to accept the consequent confirmation request (Double Opt-In). Only upon confirmation of the second opt-in prompt to subscribe will one be deemed a Subscriber to the Service according to these Terms & Conditions. No charges will apply if the aforementioned confirmation process is complete. A Subscriber could also join the infotainment service by following the SMS prompts as a standard participant.
The Subscriber will automatically receive one SMS every day (SUBSCRIPTION SMS) through the 38436 shortcode with the first content of the day charging him 20 Naira (including all taxes).
Who is Eligible to participate?
The Service is open to all MTN customers that are resident in Nigeria,Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in this Service.
A Participant hereby warrants and represents that he/she is:
- At least 18 years old and eligible to participate in the Service in the same manner as being eligible to enter into valid contracts under Nigerian law,
- Participating voluntarily,
- Have perused and have a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of the Service,
- Fully aware & accept that SMS sent on the MTN platform in the course of participation in the Service shall only count for the purpose of this Service where same have been duly charged in accordance with this terms and conditions,
- Fully aware & accept that any sums applied or expended in participating in the Service is non- refundable.
MTN the Organizers has the right to verify the eligibility of Participants which will also include confirmation of details of Participants as registered in the SIM registration process and their status as bona fide MTN subscriber at all material times.
Participants hereby agree that personal data supplied when participating in the Service may be used by the Organizer to monitor participation in the Service, to provide services to Participants from time to time and to evaluate service improvements.
How to win?
The points one possesses represent the number of entries he/she has to the Offer. The more points you have, the higher your chances to win. A user collects additional FAQS points, which invariably increases his/her chance of winning via the raffle draw.
Almost all of the messages that you will receive, will include your total points. If you just want to be reminded of your current balance, simply send POINTS to 38427, free of charge. You will receive a free SMS with the total amount of points you have accumulated.
To further increase your points and increase your chance of winning other fantastic cash prizes, you can decide to join the premium level which gives you access to winning bigger prizes (N1,000,000 daily and N10,000,000 weekly) by sending VIP to 38427 all for a daily charge of N100.
Also another trivia game exists where you are in the draw to win an SUV in a monthly draw by sending GO to 38426 and participating for a daily subscription charge of N20. All SMS sent to 38427 and 38436 is free of charge.
For each PRIZE PERIOD, a specific number of prizes are available, as defined in the table below:
|PRIZE CATEGORY||INDIVIDUAL PRIZE VALUE||AWARD FREQUENCY||DATES OF PRIZE PERIOD||AWARD MECHANISM|
|Generator||1 PRIZE EVERY DAY||Every day||DRAW|
|TV||1 PRIZE EVERY DAY||Every day||DRAW|
|Smart Phone||1 PRIZE EVERY DAY||Every day||DRAW|
|N1,000,000||1 PRIZE EVERY DAY||Every day||DRAW|
|WEEKLY STANDARD||N500,000||1 PRIZE EVERY WEEK||Every Week||DRAW|
|WEEKLY PREMIUM||N10,000,000||1 PRIZE EVERY WEEK||Every Week||DRAW|
|MONTHLY||SUV- KIA SPORTAGE||1 Prize per month (last prize will be given at the end of the promotion)||Every Month||DRAW|
How are winners notified?
On the next Monday after the end of a PRIZE PERIOD, the daily and weekly winners will be selected. (PRIZE PERIOD) here refers to daily and weekly prize periods.
- For every prize available in the PRIZE PERIOD, one winner and 10 runner-ups are selected.
- Every winner will be contacted by the ORGANIZER on the mobile phone number he has used to participate in the SERVICE. The ORGANIZER will attempt to contact the winner at least 3 times a day over a period of 1 week, between the hours of 9am and 8pm. If the winner cannot be contacted during this period, he is disqualified & forfeits the prize & the ORGANIZER will attempt to contact the next runner up.
- The winner is required to provide proof of eligibility and sign a prize acceptance form (as requested by the ORGANIZER) before prizes can be collected. If the winner fails to provide sufficient proof within that period, he is disqualified and forfeits the prize and the next runner up is contacted.
- To accept a prize, a winner that has any outstanding debts towards the ORGANIZER, needs to settle the debt within 3 days from being contacted by the ORGANIZER. If outstanding debts are not settled within that period, the winner forfeits the prize.
- If the winner and all runner-ups forfeit the prize, the prize is deemed unclaimed and remains at the disposal of the ORGANIZER.
- Winners agree to the publication of their names and /or photographs in any media or promotional material produced by the ORGANIZER. Such use does not entitle the winner to any further compensation.
If a Subscribers needs additional information regarding the Service and the Terms and Conditions he or she can call 180 from a mobile telephone that is subscribed to MTN’s mobile network.
All Participants and Infotainment Subscribers can request that no further INVITATION SMS are sent to them by sending,the keyword “CANCEL” or “STOP” to each of the services’s short codes 38427 or 38436, which will automatically unsubscribe Participant from the Mega Hunt Service.
The calls to these lines shall be Toll free and the lines will be open 24 hours a day.
All SMS sent to 38427 is free of charge.
MTN Mega Hunt Promo Duration
The end date of Mega Hunt will be the 10th of May 2017 (hereafter “Service Period”). Current terms and conditions apply for the duration of the Service. The Service may be further extended.