Are you spending much time on LinkedIn and other social media such that you do not have time again for other activities? Do you want to permanently delete LinkedIn account? Before we show you, you may want to see how to delete Instagram account. If you also want to deactivate Facebook account, you can check that out as well. Having seen that, let us move on.
It is true that social media takes lots of time if not well managed. So, what is your reason? Lack of time? Duplicate account? What exactly makes you to want to permanently delete LinkedIn account? Truth is, we don’t even care why you want to do so. For you to be reading this means you are already decided on doing that. Our focus is to show you the HOW.
Permanently Delete LinkedIn Account
There are basically two different ways you can use to close your LinkedIn account.
- Through the Close portal
- Through the settings
Let us show you the guidelines.
How To Deactivate LinkedIn Account
Like we said, there are two different methods to use. so, let us start by using the LinkedIn close account portal.
- Visit the portal here.
- You will be asked the reason why you want to close the account.
- Select the reason listed.
- There will be a space to type any other thing you want to add.
- When that is done, Click on “Next” and the instructions given to you.
Using The Settings
You can also delete your LinkedIn account by going through the settings.
- Click the Me icon at top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
- Under the Account management section of the Account tab, click Change next to Closing your LinkedIn account
- Check the reason for closing your account and click Next.
- Enter your account password and click Close account.
before you delete your LinkedIn account, you must be ware of the following.
- You won’t have access to your connections or any information you’ve added to your account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Search engines like Yahoo!, Bing, and Google may still display your information temporarily due to the way they collect and update their search data.
- You’ll lose all recommendations and endorsements you’ve collected on your LinkedIn profile.
- You may want to download a copy of your data before you close your account.
- If you have a premium membership, own a LinkedIn group, or have a premium account license, you’ll have to resolve those accounts before being able to close your Basic account.
- If you’ve created more than one account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.
How To Reopen Delete LinkedIn Account
Maybe, after some days you realised that you didn’t really want to delete LinkedIn account and you want it back, it is very possible. Within 20 days, LinkedIn can allow you to reopen your account. But, once it exceeds 20days, you won’t be able to do this.
To reopen your account:
- On the login page, enter the email address that is registered to your LinkedIn account, enter your password, and click Sign In. You can also click the link received in the original account closure email. If the link does not work, you will be redirected to the login page.
- Click Reactivate to initiate this process. We’ll send you an email where you can confirm that you’d like to reopen your account.
When reopening an account, you’ll get access to all your connections. But we’re unable to recover:
- Group memberships
- Followings (Influencers, Companies, etc.)
- Ignored and pending invitations
- Endorsements and recommendations.
If you have any question on how to delete LinkedIn account, kindly use the comment box below and ask. Share to help others that might need it.