Do you have a favorite website/s you love visiting almost on daily basis? Rather than going through rigorous processes every time to access this/these site/s, you can easily pin the site to your browser taskbar. Yes, it is possible. In this guide, we will cover all you need to know on how to pin a website to taskbar, whether you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser.
Usually, you can pin your browsers to the taskbar or even the start bar. You can take this many steps further by pinning certain websites to your taskbar. This will ensure you easily access this site whenever you want to.
Although easy overall, getting a website from your browser to your taskbar is a little different depending on which browser you’re using. Nevertheless, this is what we want to show you here.
How To Pin a Website To Taskbar
Like we pointed above, we will cover two major browsers: Chrome & Firefox. This is because, the method differs one from the other. That said, let’s start from Firefox.
How To Pin Website On Mozilla Firefox
Below are the steps to follow.
Please note that Firefox doesn’t have any integrated way to pin shortcuts to the taskbar like Chrome does. However, there is a workaround.
- Create a new Firefox shortcut. To do so, search for Firefox in the Windows search box. Right-click the relevant result and click Open file location. Click and drag the Firefox shortcut to your desktop, or copy and paste it there.
- Right-click on the new shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Target field, add “-url” followed by the website you want the pinned link to navigate to. For example: “C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe -url https://www.onlinedailys.com”
- Click OK. Then right-click the shortcut and select Pin to taskbar.
How To Pin Website On Google Chrome
- Open the website you want to pin to your taskbar in Google Chrome.
- Click the three-dotted menu in the top right-hand corner.
- Click More Tools, followed by Add to desktop. Sometimes Add to desktop will have different text like, Create application shortcuts.
- When the popup window appears, click the blue Add
- Head to your desktop. Click and drag the new shortcut you just created (it’s the newest icon on your desktop!) to your taskbar. Alternatively, right-click the shortcut and select Pin to taskbar. If you’d prefer it pinned to your Start menu, select Pin to start, instead.
Do you have any question you would want to ask on how to Pin A Website To Taskbar? We are with you. Just use the comment box and we will attend to you right away!