The Premier League Awards August 2018 Nominees has been released. The nominees for the goal of the month, player of the month and the manager of the months have been drawn. There are many teams, players and managers that have already began excelling in this first month of the 2018/2019 Season. We will look at the nominees below.
Before then, how does the Premier League Awards work? In deciding the winners, a panel of experts including Premier League legends such as Alan Shearer and Jamie Carragher cast their votes in all three categories: Carling Goal of the Month; Barclays Manager of the Month; and EA SPORTS Player of the Month.
For the player award, the Premier League has called on the nominees’ peers to contribute, with the club captains casting votes for a winner. The public have the chance to play a role, too, helping to decide the winners in each category.
Votes made on the Barclays voting page for the manager award, EA SPORTS for the player honour and via the Carling Tap app and website for the best goal will contribute towards deciding who will lift the awards. The public’s votes cast in each category will represent 10 per cent of the total votes and will be combined with those of the panel (and captains, for the player award), and so could prove crucial in deciding who will receive the awards.
Premier League Awards August 2018 Nominees
EPl Manager Of The Month
There are 4 nominees for the manager of the month category.
1. Javi Gracia (WAT) (W3 D0 L0): The Watford head coach has tweaked his formation to guide the Hornets to their first 100 per cent start in the Premier League after three matches.
2. Jurgen Klopp (LIV) (W3 D0 L0): The German has overseen a winning start to the season, with no goals conceded and seven scored to put Liverpool top of the table.
3. Mauricio Pochettino (TOT) (W3 D0 L0): The Tottenham Hotspur manager has led his side to victories in all three matches, two away from home, including a 3-0 victory at Old Trafford.
4. Maurizio Sarri (CHE) (W3 D0 L0): Chelsea’s new head coach has hit the ground running, winning at Huddersfield Town and Newcastle United, while beating Arsenal at home.
Goal Of The Month
These are the nominees.
- Roberto Pereyra (WAT v BHA – first goal)
- Lucas Moura (TOT v FUL)
- Callum Wilson (WHU v BOU)
- Andre Gray (BUR v WAT)
- David Silva (MCI v HUD)
- Ryan Bertrand (SOU v LEI)
- Jean Michael Seri (FUL v BUR)
- Lucas Moura (MUN v TOT – second goal)
EA Sports Player Of The Month
To be released and we shall update as soon as released.
Who will emerge the winners of the various categories from this Premier League Awards August 2018 Nominees? Let’s hear your thoughts below.