How to Replace your Lost or Damaged Voters Card – Voters card are given by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) when you register. But if you lost your Voters Card or if it is damaged, you can recover it as soon as possible before the election day.
A person must have a voters card in order to be accredited and allowed to vote during an election. It is the card that identifies the voter and also gives the voter, the right to choose the candidate of his choice during the election.
Procedure on How to Replace your Lost or Damaged Voters Card
To replace your lost or damaged voters card is very easy and simple without stress. Just follow the procedure below:
- You must apply in person to the Electoral Officer or any other officer duly authorized for that purpose by the Electoral Commissioner.
- The application shall be done at least 30 days before an election, this is to enable you get your card on time before the election.
- The applicant shall state the circumstances of the lost or damage.
- The voter shall be issued with another copy of his original voters card.
- The word “DUPLICATE” will be printed or indicated on it clearly.
- The date of issue will be printed on the new voters card.
With the above procedure, you might have known How to Replace a Lost or Damage Voters Card. For question or comment, kindly use the comment box below.
However, if a person losses his card or if it is damaged, the Independent National Electoral Commission can replace them.
Gud sir\ma. How many day will it take to collect replacement of voter card?
Days?? depending your location and how fast they where able to process it for you. If not there is no specific day for this.
Retrieve lost PVC
Good morning Sir/ma I loss my PVC do I need to provide information from my TVC and do I need to apply through my state Commission where I registered before my PVC could be replaced. Thanks.
From the information I got from the office last time (in 2016) that anyone who has lost his/her PVC can only apply for replacement during another registration.
I need my vin voters card number. I can’t view all of them because some numbers has wiped out.
l need my pvc since 2014 l have been with the temporal pls.
Visit the local government of the state you carried out the registration. Your card will be waiting for you to collect it.
I want a replacement of my PVC
I want to retrieve my lost PVC
I do I get a copy of my lost voters card