There are requirements you must meet up with before you apply for opening Domiciliary accounts in Nigerian banks. However, every bank has
Knowing these requirements ensures you are not delayed while attempting to open the account. For that reason, we want to show you the Requirements For Opening Domiciliary Accounts In Nigeria.
The major banks in Nigeria offer the service of domiciliary accounts. So, we will treat each of them separately to highlight their requirements. So, what are the requirements for opening a domiciliary account in Nigerian banks? See them here.
Page Table of Contents
Requirements For Opening Domiciliary Accounts In Nigeria
Here are the banks and their requirements.
- Duly completed Account Opening Form (Form will be issued to you by the Account opening service)
- Duly completed specimen signature card
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Address verification document: Utility Bill
- Valid means of identification e.g. International passport, Driver’s license or National ID card
- Resident permit.
- Filled and signed Domiciliary Account opening form.
- A copy of identification document (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, or any other acceptable by the bank).
- One passport photograph.
- Two (2) completed reference forms.
- Utility bill issued within the last 3 months.
Stanbic IBTC Bank
- You need two reference forms
- A valid copy of a form of ID (original must be shown to your account manager)
- Two passport photographs
- A filled in “Know Your Customer” (KYC) form
- Certification of registration (for business owners)
- Search report and partnership deed agreement (if any)
- Valid residence permit for non-Nigerians.
- Duly completed account opening form
- Two recent identical passport photographs of each signatory to account
- One duly completed signature specimen card
- Two duly completed reference forms
- Means of Identification (current Driver’s license, National ID Card or National passport or Voter’s Card)
- Evidence of residential address e.g. PHCN, NITEL bills
- Board resolution (MSME and Corporate bodies only)
- Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation (MSME and Corporate bodies only)
- Memorandum and articles of association (MSME and Corporate bodies only)
- Valid resident permit (for foreign Nationals).
- Means of address verification
- 2 references
- 2 Passport photographs
- Valid ID of each signatory
- Residence Permit (Foreigners)
- Forms CO7 and CO2 as applicable for companies
- Certificate of Incorporation / Business Registration for companies
- Memorandum and Article of Association as applicable for companies
- Board resolution as applicable
- Search report as applicable.
- Account opening form (existing account holders with full
documentation only require a written letter or completion
of account opening form without the provision of any other
- One passport photograph of authorized signatories
- Valid ID (Driver’s License, International Passport, National Identity Card or Voter’s Identity Card)
- Public Utility Receipt dated within the last three months
(PHCNbill, water rate bill, tenement rate, rent receipt, telephone bill etc.)
- Visitation Report (Residence)
- Complete account opening form and signature specimen card
- FCY Indemnity form.
- Passport photograph & Standard Valid ID card i.e. Driver’s License, Int’l Passport, National ID card.
- Utility bill i.e. PHCN Bill, Water Bill, DSTV Bill, LAWMA Bill.
- BVN & Two Suitable Reference
- Resident Permit for Foreigners
- Visitation Report
CORPORATE (Above Requirements Inclusive)
- Copy of certificate of incorporation or Registration certificate.
- Memorandum & article of association.
- Board resolution to open dom. account with Polaris Bank.
- Tax clearance certificate.
- Completed account opening form
- 1 passport photograph
- Minimum of 18 years-old and provide the following:
- International passport or Driver’s License or National ID card or Voters Card or Resident Permit (for immigrants)
- Address verification e.g. Utility bill, recent bank statement or local authority tax bill etc.
Any question on the Requirements For Opening Domiciliary Accounts In Nigeria? Kindly use the comment box below and we shall attend to that.