How To Return Items On Jumia – There are lots of reasons why people love using Jumia. And one of those reasons is the Jumia returns and refund policy. What does this mean? It means that Jumia has a policy that allows you to return items you bought and get your refund, if they do not meet up with the intended goals.
However, to be able to get a return and refund, there are certain criteria that must be met. So, we want to show you how to return items on jumia and get a refund. We will also show you the conditions to be met as well as the requirements and procedures you must follow to get it done.
Page Table of Contents
How To Return Items On Jumia and Get a Refund
Here is a general breakdown of all you need to do when initiating a Jumia return and refund.
- Return via contact form or call us. If you have any questions.
- Return at our pickup stations or we can pickup from you (door delivery orders only).
- Furthermore, place the item in its original packaging, including any accessories, tags, labels or freebies. Always ensure your Return Slip is signed by our agents. That is your proof of return.
- Finally, once we receive your returned item, we will inspect it and process your refund via voucher or bank transfer.
Refund and Return Timelines
How long does it take to have your items returned?
Return Pick up Timeline:
The return pick up time starts from the day you make a request to return an item to the day one of our delivery associate retrieves the item that you will like to return. These timelines also apply if you are dropping your returns at one of our pick-up stations. You can make a request to return an item, either by calling our customer service or by completing the Contact form. This takes from 1-5days.
The refund time starts from the day the item you would like to return is picked up by one of our delivery associates to the day the refund process is completed. Note: If the reason for returning an item cannot be validated, such item will be redelivered to you and a refund will not be processed. This takes from 5-10days.
Jumia Return & Refunds FAQs
1. What can I return?
You can initiate a return up to 7 days after delivery if:
- You receive a wrong, damaged, defective or counterfeit item
- Also, you change your mind, with exception to Jumia Global items, underwear, adult toys, perfumes, cosmetics and jewelries. If you change your mind for phones and laptops, please ensure the seal is not broken.
2. How do I return an item?
a) Online : Complete the online return form by logging in to My Orders , then, open the last order by clicking on “Order details”. If your product is eligible for a return, you will see a button “Return Product”. Click on it to start the return process.
b). You can also contact our customer support at https://www.jumia.com.ng/contact/
3. Once I initiate a return, what happens next?
If the package was delivered to you and you requested for a pick-up, our delivery agent will call you to schedule a retrieval. There will be 2 attempts made to retrieve the item(s). If you initially picked-up your package from one of our stations or chose to drop-off at one, please take the items you wish to return to a pick-up station near you.
4. I have requested for returns pick-up from my home, how long will it take?
Once we receive your request,we will make two attempts to retrieve the item(s).
5. What happens if I miss both attempts to retrieve my return?
Your return request will be cancelled and you will no longer be able to return that item.
6. Can I return an item after 7 days?
You will not be able to return an item after 7 days but if it is faulty, it may be covered under warranty. For more information on our warranty policy, go to: https://www.jumia.com.ng/warranty/
7. Jumia tells me they have done a bank transfer but I have not received the money, what should I do?
It takes 2-5 days for the money to reflect in your account. Please contact us if it you still haven’t received your refund after this time. Go to https://www.jumia.com.ng/refund-policy/ for more details.
8. Why was my item redelivered to me instead of a refund?
Returned items will be redelivered to you if we cannot verify your reason for returning it. For example, a microwave returned for not powering-on will be tested extensively and if the claims are right, a refund will be processed, but if during the test, it powers-on, the item will be redelivered to you.
9. Can I Replace or Exchange an item rather than a refund?
At the moment, Jumia does not offer replacement or exchange of an item; however you can still return an item and receive a full refund.
10. Do I have to return the free gift when I return a product?
Yes, any free gift must also be returned.
How To Return Items On Jumia Online
Let’s see How To Return Items On Jumia.
1. Log into your Jumia account. Then, go to “My Orders”.
2. You need to click on “Order details” to open the order.
3. Select the products you want to return:When this open up, You will see all your products returnable. Select the “Quantity to return”, Select the “Reason for return” for each. Add “Comments” to elaborate on the reasons for the item return. This text field is optional, but very helpful of to clarify your request.
4. To confirm, press the “Validate” button. This action will trigger the validation of the return form. Upon errors, you will be invited to correct/complete the form. Upon successful validation of the return form(s), you will be presented with a confirmation/validation popup, resuming the return request.
The pop-up conveys the following information:
- A reminder on the conditions to return a product
- Item(s) to be returned
- Quantity of item(s) to be returned
- Name of the item(s) to be returned
- Reason and comment of your return
5. Select the way you want to return your product(s)
7. Furthermore, a confirmation Pop-up will finally appear to confirm that your return was registered. You can click on Close.
8. Finally, your return request has been submitted!
We have been detailed enough to show you How To Return Items On Jumia. Hope it is useful to you? Any question or comment?