You have built your podcast audience to a very high number. The listeners are impressed with what you share with them and they really want to donate to your cause and support you. Unfortunately, there is no means of doing that. Well, that challenge is solved. We will show you how to set up podcast donation with Paypal. You will be glad you went through this.
Paypal has a donation button that allows you receive money from your podcast into your paypal account. Of course, you don’t need to be told you will have to create a paypal account to be able to benefit from this. Well you have been told now. So, what is next? We will take you step by step and guide you through the processes.
Asking for listeners’ support is a two-step process: First you ask for the money, and then you provide an easy and convenient way for your listeners to send you money. PayPal has been handling small and large web-based transactions for years. A PayPal donation link can be fully integrated into your website with minimum hassle.
How To Set Up Podcast Donation With Paypal
- Log in to PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, click the Sign Up link and follow the simple instructions.You need a valid credit card to sign up.
- From your Account Overview page, click the Details in the Selling Tools section on the left side. The Merchant Services page allows you to set up a variety of ways people can send you money.
- Click the Create payment buttons for your website link on the right side of the page. You are taken to the My Saved Buttons.
- In the Related items box, click Create New Button. You are taken to the Create PayPal Payment Button page.
- Enter a donation name and donation ID in the appropriate text boxes. Consider using the show name, and perhaps a suffix – Donations to help you identify your donations if you have other types of income to your PayPal account. You can also use the ID field to denote multiple types of donations or donations for different shows in the event you produce more than one podcast. You can put anything you want in this field, but keep in mind that it will be visible to those making donations — so make sure it isn’t something confusing.
- Enter a set donation amount if you want in the Amount text box. Also, change the designated country if you’d like your currency to be something other than U.S. dollars. Furthermore, if you want your listeners to donate a set amount, choose that amount now.
- Select the style of Donation button you would like to use from the Customize Button section. If you have a custom button, here’s the place to change it. If you don’t have one, don’t worry. The default button works just fine on your website, and you can always change it later if you want.
- Under Merchant Account ID, choose Use My Secure Merchant Account ID. Using your merchant account ID links your account to your email address and protects you from spammers. At this point you can optionally review the information the collapsed sections labeled Step 2: Save your buttons (optional) and Step 3: Customize advanced features (optional). While not required, you should get familiar with what’s covered there.
- After you fill in the fields on the Donations page, click Create Button at the bottom of the page. PayPal whisks you to the Add a Button to Your website page.
Although the above steps on how to Set Up Podcast Donation With Paypal could look challenging, if you follow the guidelines accordingly, you won’t encounter much challenge. However, your questions and contributions are welcomed.