Online security must be everyone’s business. In a world where almost everything personal is online it is essential to know how to protect one’s self online. Whether it is a personal twitter account or a business account, this is a very important aspect one must carry out. We will be showing you How To Setup Twitter Login Verification On Web in easy steps.
Before we go on, let’s understand what the Twitter login verification is all about. The Twitter login verification simply allows you to add extra security to your twitter account. That is to say, when logging unto Twitter, the user will first input his password. Then a code will be sent to the users phone number as another password before the person logs into the twitter account.
Of course, you may be forced to ask why would you need this? Well, it is a choice thing. People’s account are hacked on daily basis and vital private information, details and secrets are lost. if you have nothing to lose, then this isn’t for you. However, this step ensures that people cannot log into your twitter account without your authorisation. It’s a win-win for you. So, let’s see how to setup Twitter Login verification for you.
How To Setup Twitter Login Verification On Web
Here are the steps you will follow to setup twitter login verification easily.
- First step is to login into your Twitter account.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right part of the Twitter screen.
- When the user menu opens, scroll down and click on the “Settings and Privacy” link.
- When the settings section opens, you will automatically be in the Account settings screen. Scroll down till you see the “Set up login verification” button and click on it.
- You will see a box like this below. Then click on “start”
- you will be asked to enter your password to verify that you are the owner of the account. Enter your password and click on the “Verify” button.
- If you do not already have a mobile number associated with your account, you will now be asked to enter one. Enter your phone number select the country and then click on “Send Code“.
- Twitter will then display a screen asking you to enter the code that was just sent to the phone number you submitted.
- Once you enter the code, you will become enrolled in login verification.
- Congrats, you are done.
So, whenever you want to log in, a unique code will be sent to you after you have used your password. This is to ensure you are the one logging into your account.
However, as a last step, Twitter wants you to a generate backup code, which is a one-time use password you can enter to bypass Login verification and get back into your account in the event you lose your phone. To get this backup password,
- Click on the “Get backup code” button.
- Ensure you print or save this code for future use.
- Finally, you can click on the “Done” button.
It is quite to Setup Twitter Login Verification. Just follow these steps and secure your twitter account immediately. You will be glad you did.