How To Share Youtube Premium With Family Members – The YouTube Premium includes features across YouTube and the new YouTube Music app as well as access to all YouTube Originals series and movies. It comes with a lot of benefits one can use. It also costs just a meagre $11.99 per month. Furthermore, it removes ads from YouTube videos, gives you access to YouTube Originals, lets you listen to YouTube Music ad-free and includes a Google Play Music subscription.
Do you know you can Share Youtube Premium With Family Members? Of course, you can. Rather than enjoying the benefits alone, you can add up your family members to enjoy the benefits with you.
However, it costs you additional $8 more per month, to ensure everyone enjoys it. Rather than spending $83.93 for 7 different subscriptions (yours plus 6 additional family members), you can contribute money and pay $19.99, and still get the same benefits.
Page Table of Contents
How To Share Youtube Premium With Family Members
Here is how you can share your subscription.
Upgrade to Youtube Family plan.
If you already have a youtube premium, all you need is to upgrade to family plan. Once you upgrade to a YouTube family plan, all six family members will get to enjoy the same benefits. That means an ad-free YouTube and YouTube Music experience and Google Play Music for all.
To upgrade your Premium subscription to a family plan,
- Log into YouTube and go to youtube.com/premium.
- Click Manage.
- Then click Manage membership, followed by Upgrade.
- Click Upgrade once more to confirm.
- Alternatively, you can go straight to youtube.com/premium/family and click Get family plan to upgrade.
- Once you confirm, you will instantly be charged a prorated fee to upgrade to YouTube Premium Family for the remainder of your billing period.
Add Family Member
Next, you’ll need to invite members of your household to a family group. Members have to be at least 13 years-old and have a Google account in order to be added.
To add a new household member,
- Go to your paid memberships page,
- click the action overflow button next to YouTube Premium and select Family sharing settings.
- You can also go straight to google.com.
- Click on the plus sign to add a family member.
- Start typing in their email address and select them from the suggested contacts.
- Click Send.
After you’ve invited new members to your family group, they’ll need to accept before the invitation expires (or within 14 days from the day the invitation was sent).
Also See: How To Create A YouTube Channel Account
What is included with YouTube Premium?
The following are included in the YouTube premium.
- Ad-free videos: Watch millions of videos without ads
- Download videos to watch offline: Save videos and playlists on mobile devices and play them offline
- Play in the background: Keep videos playing when using other apps or when your screen is off
- Easily explore the world of music with the new and improved YouTube Music app
- Ad-free music: Listen to millions of songs without ads
- Download music to listen offline: Save music and playlists in the YouTube Music app and listen offline
- Play in the background: Keep music playing when using other apps or when your screen is off
- Original movies and series from your favorite stars
- YouTube Kids: Ad-free and offline play in the YouTube Kids app
- YouTube Gaming: Ad-free, offline, and background play in the YouTube Gaming app
- Google Play Music: Included at no additional cost
Having learnt How To Share YouTube Premium With Family Members, what are you waiting for? Have fun.