Skrill is an online financial service that allows you to make payments and send money both domestically and internationally between a variety of currencies through the Internet.
The payment aspect means you can buy pay for good and services using Skrill online payment system. Many websites across the world allow Skrill as a mode of payment for goods and services.
While the “sending money” means to transfer fund from your Skrill account to other online payment platforms and Banks across the world, with a focus on low-cost money transfers.
In a nutshell, with Skrill Money transfer account you can Pay and get paid instantly – Pay, send, receive.
This page has shown steps to create Skrill Money Transfer account, how to log in and other information you should know about Skrill and can do in your account.
Why you should consider Skrill
- Opening a Skrill account is free.
- The benefit of diverse sending options. You can send through both Skrill money transfer to other payment platforms, including Banks, and Skrill-to-Skrill to reach a global network.
- Receiving money is free. As a Recipient, you’ll never pay fees to receive money.
- Skrill card. Skrill offers a card that enables you to withdraw cash at ATMs and pay online and in-store with your Skrill balance.
First move is creating Skrill account. The guidelines below shows how its done.
How to Create Skrill Account
To open a Skrill account for free, go to their website and follow these steps:
- Enter your Full Name
- Select your country from the drop-down. You may also want to select the choice of currency or you leave the default for your country.
- Enter your email address and create a new password.
- Select Register.
- Complete the “I am not a robot” test
- Then log in to your email and read the welcome message from Skrill, also a link (you will click) to redirect you to Skrill account for the completion of your account creation.
Now you’re done!
You can start Paying, sending, and receive money seamlessly.
Skrill account verification Process
Skrill needs you to verify your account, as part of the company’s compliance with various regulations.
Also, you have to verify in order to increase your account fund limitation or removing it entirely. Though you can send and receive money even without the verification yet. But continuous of that will prompt for account verification.
Like other online financial platforms, Skrill request the forming information/document to verify your account;
- Front and back page of a driving license
- Face match photograph
- Address verification document
- Front and back of national identification document
- Photo page of the user’s passport
How to Send Money and Receive Money with Skrill
Once you log in to Skrill account, the dashboard is easy to navigate around.
- Select Send Money
- There will be TWO options before you;
– Send instantly to anyone on Skrill, and
– International money transfer
- Select the option you want and complete the process to send money instantly.
Paying for Online Goods and Services
This is an option to pay online. To do this you have to first;
- Add money to your wallet and pay on popular sites.
- Then on the platform, you are making the payment, simply choose Skrill to your choice of payment and checkout.
Funding Your Skrill Account
Funding your account comes next after completing the Skrill account opening process. Although, you could also fund your account while in the process of making your first transaction.
But the steps below shows the available options to fund your Skrill account. There are several funding options available.
You can fund your account directly from your bank. This option is available without cross-border charges in all countries. However, the transfer must originate from a bank account held in the customer’s name.
The bank transfer could take up to two to five days before the funds reflect on your online account.
Debit and credit card deposits:
You can also fund your digital wallet using a debit or credit card. These deposits are usually instant, but first-time you’ll be required to provide identity verification.
Skrill supports Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Cartasi, Carte Bleue, Laser, Maestro, Diners and JCB cards. Some of these cards may have limited availability depending on a user’s country of residence.