Online Internet Banking is one of the best and fast way of doing your transaction online. But we should know that every thing in life always have a breakout for the fraudsters (419). ON this page you will learn the simple 10 Tips For Staying Safe in Online Banking.
You are the first and best layer of defense in combating online fraud. Learning to properly detect and avoid online scams is the ultimate protection against fraud. Read the tips below to help you spot potential scams.
Once you can work or implement this ten tips of playing safe in Online Banking then you will have no problem. Because in this recent century we are all operating digitally.
Here are 10 Tips For Staying Safe in Online Banking – No Matter Your Bank in Question
- Giving away your Internet Banking login, card details, PIN and codes from your token device, gives anyone total access to your account. Any Banks will never ask for any of these details via any form of communication (email, sms, phone call)
- Keep your ATM cards safe and do not share your personal identity number (PIN) with anyone. Do not keep any written copy of your PIN with your card. Memorize it.
- Seeing a phone number or email address you recognize does not mean it is genuine. Always give cold-callers a cold reception
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN when you are conducting transactions at the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) or when making Point of Sale (POS) transactions at retail stores.
- Create strong passwords for your Internet Banking login and card details. Change them often.
- Check your bank account statements and card transactions regularly to make sure these only reflect transactions you have made. If you see a transaction you cannot explain, report it to the bank.
- Subscribe to SMS alerts to be delivered to your cell phone or email, so you can stay updated on your account activity.
- Always log on to our internet banking service via our website.
- Watch out for copycat websites. Don’t fall prey to any website that looks similar to Your bank website. Check the URL carefully. (https://)
- Always change your security password time to time
“10 Tips For Staying Safe in Online Banking”
How to Know A Fraud Alert & Types of Fraud Strategies Use
Online fraud typically takes the form of fraudulent e-mails, SMS and Web sites. These forged means of communication often use corporate logos, colors, calls and legal disclaimers to make them appear authentic.
- Fraudulent E-Mails
Fraudulent e-mails are the most common avenue of online scams. A “spoofed” e-mail is one that purports to be from a reputable source in an attempt to trick you into divulging personal or account information, sending payment, or otherwise taking an action that will result in fraud. These attacks are common because they are low-tech and can be easily deployed on a massive scale. Even though the warning signs are there, “phishing” and scam e-mails continue to fool people. Some of these mails also request that customers update their account records by clicking on links to fake Internet banking and Interswitch websites.
- Fraud SMS
Most time you get an sms asking you to send your credit card number or your account number. This is a FRAUD SMS ALERT, you should know that even the employees working with the bank as no right asking you to send them your MASTER CARD Number or Account number.
But if you see an official message from your Bank,they will ONLY ask you to come down to the bank or any one close to you to solve any error or problem. Messages like that are real!
NOT getting a message to send your account number or credit card number, please always delete message like that.
- Spoofed Web sites
Spoofed Web sites, like phishing e-mails, are used by fraudsters who build fake websites that look very similar to your bank website to lure unsuspecting customers into submitting their online banking log-in information and card details which are later used to access such accounts. Spoof Web sites allow fraudsters to collect such sensitive information as Internet Banking Account and ATM Card Details.
PLEASE NEVER YOU FALL VICTIM OF ANY OF THIS FRAUD ALERTS!!
More interesting topics below:
- Steps To Be Fraud Smart | Protect your Online Banking Accounts
- Verve Naira Credit Card | How to shop on the web with Verve Card
- Barclays launches Finger scanner to Stop Banking fraud
- How To Recharge Your Phone From Your Bank Account
- How To Protect Yourself Against Scam Bank Emails – Maintain Online Banking Safety
- How To Prevent Online Fraud – Tips On Credit and Debit Cards Security
- Easy Ways To Know A Secured Website
- How To Download And Activate The FirstBank Mobile App
- How To Link Bank Verification Number (BVN) With GTB Account – Online Banking Tips
- How To Check Bank Account Balance On Phone For All Banks
- Top Functions & Uses Of The Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- How To Activate Your GTB Naira MasterCard For Online Transactions
- All Banks USSD Codes For Checking Account Balance
- How To Check JAMB Result Without Scratch Card Pin & Serial Number
- Union Bank USSD Code For Money Transfer – Union Bank Money Transfer