Cristiano Ronaldo cannot just stop scoring, or can he? Like an old wine, he keeps getting better with age. His virtuoso display against Bayern Munich is another on his already bloated goal scoring records. He keeps breaking records upon records. After becoming the first ever player to score a 100 Champions League goal, we bring to you the all time Cristiano Ronaldo goal scoring records. This is a way of celebrating his latest landmark goal scoring records.
The all time Cristiano Ronaldo goal scoring records will not focus on the goals scored but on the records made while scoring the goals. We hope you will find this interesting and also join the world to celebrate this industrious and unrelenting football legend. We ask again, who can stop him?
Below are most of the scoring records of the Madiera-born Los Blancos forward.
- CR7 is the first player to score 100 Champions League goals. Exclusive.
- He has scored the highest Champions League goal in a single season: 17 goals in 2013-14.
- Cristiano has the highest group stage goals in a single Champions League season11 in 2015-16.
- Also, he has more strikes in the knockout phase than anyone else 42 in total.
- He is the only player who has scored three hat-tricks in a single season in the Champions League also in 2015-16.
- In addition, Ronaldo is the first footballer to have won the European Golden Shoe in two different leagues (with Manchester United in 2007-08 and Real Madrid in 2010-11, 2013-14 and 2014-15).
- He is also the all-time top scorer for Los Blancos with 395 strikes.
- The Portuguese’ two goals against Bayern Munich (First leg) made him the first player ever to make it to 100 club goals in UEFA competitions.
- He is Portugal’s all-time top scorer too with 71 goals.
- Ronaldo has netted more goals in the European Championship (including qualifying: 29) than any other player.
- He is the only player to score 15 goals in two Champions League season.
- He is also the fastest person to score 100 La Liga goals, (100 goals in 92 games).
- Also, he is the only player to have scored at four European Championship Finals (2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016).
- He is the highest goal scorer in European Championship Finals (9 goals), same as France icon Michel Platini.
- In La Liga, meanwhile, he has more hat-tricks than any other player (32).
- Meanwhile, he is Madrid’s all-time top scorer in the derby against Atletico Madrid (8 goals).
- He has scored 41 hat-tricks for Real Madrid.
- He’s the first player to score a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in the Champions League knockout stages
- Also, he has the most UEFA club competition goals: 103
- He is also the only player to score three goals in multiple EUROs
Also See: All Time Highest International Goal Scorers
Breakdown Of Ronaldo’s Champions League Goals
Cristiano Ronaldo’s 100 Champions’ League goals have come in different forms. He has scored in the following ways:
- Right foot – 70 (incl. 10 free-kicks)
- Left foot – 14
- Header – 16
Furthermore, we have broken the goals into matches played to know when he scored the most goals. Here they are:
- 1–20 goals – 60 Matches
- 21–40 goals – 28 matches
- 41–60 goals – 16 matches
- 61–80 goals – 19 matches
- 81–100 goals – 20 matches
Highest Goal Scorers In UEFA Competitions
- Cristiano Ronaldo 137
- Raúl González 106
- Lionel Messi 97
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 91
- Andriy Shevchenko 90
- Zlatan Ibrahimović 87
- Filippo Inzaghi 86
- Margrét Lára Vidarsdóttir 84
- Thierry Henry 81
- Gerd Müller 77
- Ruud van Nistelrooy 77
For as much as he keeps playing, expect more addition to the all time Cristiano Ronaldo goal scoring records. Why? He is simply that good and unstoppable. I dare ask again, who can stop him?