There are so many android video editor apps you can use today to make wonderful videos. First things first, there are limitations to what one can do with a video editor app for androids. Video editing is a very technical area. Using “just” a mobile phone will give you restricted features. That said, most video editing apps for android phones can help you get started by giving you the platform for mostly basic features.
Here, we have compiled a list of best Android video editor apps for 2019 and beyond which are free in the Play Store. With these editors, you can arrange the clips to perfection and also upload the videos to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube. So, you can try them out and choose anyone that fits with your taste.
Best Android Video Editor Apps
Here are some of the apps you can use. Please note that this isn’t in any order.
FilmoraGo is a video editor app by Wondershare. It’s easily one of the best video editor apps. This video editor packs a whallop. You can do the basics like trim and cut, render, and that kind of stuff. It also includes the ability to play in reverse, do square videos (1:1) for Instagram, and 16:9 videos for YouTube specifically. It also has support for things like slow motion, transitions, music, overlays, and more. It’s not half bad for what you get. There are in-app purchases that add to the power. However, most of the features are, in fact, free.
Special Features Of FilmoraGo
- Clips can be previewed in real-time.
- Photos and videos can be imported from social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- A large collection of templates and effects.
- A set of professional editing tools.
2. Adobe Premiere Clip
Adobe Premiere Clip enables you to edit any video right from your Android device quickly. It is fast and fun to use. The best feature about Clip is the automatic video creation capability, i.e., the app can automatically create videos for you with any photos or clips that you choose. Moreover, you can also create your videos with its multiple video editing functions like cutting, trimming, adding transitions, music, filters, effects, etc.
Special Features of Adobe Premiere Clip
- Automatic mode for creating videos instantly.
- Created videos can be exported to Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Auto Mix feature dynamically balances the background music in videos.
Funimate is one of the surprisingly popular, but not overly powerful video editor apps. It bills itself as being a great app for making music videos or simple videos out of the stuff you already have on your device. There are 15 video filters that you can play with and the creation process is fairly painless. This isn’t something you’d want to use on a serious video. It has things like video effects. However, it’s better for short little social media posts rather than actual video production. You can download it for free to try it out yourself.
Special Features of Funimate
- More than 100 advanced video effects for making cool videos
- DIY effects from pre-existing photos stored in your smartphone
- Feature to make collab videos with friends
- A dedicated Funimate video community
KineMaster is one of the most powerful video editor apps available. You can do the basics like most of these other video editors can. However, this one includes multiple video, image and effect layers. Additionally, there are audio filters, chroma key (for your green screen fans out there), various video effects, transitions, and more. It’s not as powerful as a full desktop editor. However, this gets much closer than most other competitors. We would recommend this for actual video production (at least for stuff like YouTube). You can use it for free in trial mode for a while. However, you’ll need the $4.99 per month subscription to get everything forever.
Special Features of KineMaster
- Multiple layers of videos, images, text, effects, overlays, stickers and handwriting can be combined.
- Instant preview feature for viewing the editing
- Precise volume control from moment to moment within a clip
Also see: Quik Free Video Editor App Download Free
Quik is another smart way to create excellent videos. It is fast and free. Select any of your favorite photos or video clips to make your own stories with Quik. The best thing about Quik is that it comes with automatic video creation capabilities. You can crop videos, add effects, texts, and quickly sync everything to the beat of any music.
Special Features of Quik
- Transactions are automatically synced to the beats of background music
- Quik is compatible with GoPro as well as Motion Photos
- Videos can be saved in 60fps for smooth playback
- You can save edited videos as drafts for finishing editing later.
So, which of these Android Video Editor Apps have you used? Is there anyone you use that isn’t included here? Share with us below.