Top 5 Facebook Hidden Features – Facebook is a household thing for everyone in the world. It is the number one social media platform in the world. Using Facebook is not had. All you need to do is to sign up Facebook account, then add friends and start connecting. Easy right? Well, it all depends on you, anyway.
A lot of people use Facebook without knowing that there is more to chatting and making friends. There is more to using Facebook to sale and reconnect to old friends. There is more. That is why I want to show you these Top 5 Facebook Hidden Features you probably never knew.
These hidden features are not actually HIDDEN. It is just that few persons know that these features exist in the real sense. They are just contented in coming online, chatting and reading news feeds and then, log off. However, if you really want to get more out of Facebook, then you have to know these Top 5 Facebook Hidden Features.
These hidden, untapped features can range from networking, security and what have you. Why not we just stop keeping you in suspense and show you what you are looking for?
Top 5 Facebook Hidden Features
Below are the top 5 hidden features you are not using on Facebook.
1. Download All Your Facebook Details
Have you ever wanted to know all you did on Facebook right from when you joined? Did you ever think it was possible to see everything you have shared on Facebook? This includes every posts, images, videos, messages, and chat conversations? Yes, you can. How?
- Go to Settings > General
- Then, click “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the bottom.
- Follow the directions from there.
2. Choose Ads You See (Ad Preferences)
You know Facebook works in such a way that marketers are provided with detailed information on users for marketing and adverts purposes. These includes your likes, interests etc? These things determine the type of ads that appear on your timeline and news feed.
However, you can influence the type of ads that appear on your timeline. You can manipulate it such a way that you get what you want. How?
- Go to Settings > Ads >Your Interests.
- You can delete an interest simply by hitting the X for Remove on the right of each interest.
- Under the “Advertisers you’ve interacted with” tab, you’ll see all the advertisers whose ads you’ve clicked on and/or were provided your information; remove anyone you don’t like in here with high prejudice.
- Under the “whose website or app you’ve used” and “whom you’ve visited” sub-tabs, you can even choose to stop seeing ads from a particular advertiser altogether. Unfortunately, you can’t just do a “remove all.”
Also See: How To Change Your Facenook Username
3. Facebook List
Previously, we talked about Twitter list and how you can use them. The same applies to Facebook as well. Interest Lists is a Facebook feature that was introduced about 3 years ago. At the time, it completely changed how many of us used Facebook.
These lists allow you to select the Facebook posts and news to see on your timeline. Let’s say you have over 2000 friends on your list. Whenever you come online, you are faced with long lists of contents on your timeline and you don’t really like seeing them all.
With Facebook List, you can select the people (pages, individuals) you want to see their updates in a group. So, when you come online, you can just click on them. How?
- Just go here https://www.facebook.com/addlist
- Then, click “Create List”
- Once you do this, you can then begin adding Pages and Friends to your list.
Once you create an Interest List, you can find it on the left sidebar on the Facebook home page. Easily click on it to view what’s been posted.
4. See All Your Friend Requests, Ever
Can you remember how many friend requests you have sent on Facebook since you joined? I don’t think you can. However, Facebook certainly has a means of making you see all those requests.
Funny enough, what about all the people you asked to be your friend who ignored or deleted your request? Facebook keeps track of that. How?
- At the top of the Facebook page click the Friend Requests icon (two people in silhouette).
- You’ll see a list of suggested “People You May Know.”
- At the bottom, click the “See All” link.
- On the next page, under New Friend Requests (assuming you don’t have any) click “View Sent Requests.”
- Then you get a list of the people who didn’t or haven’t accepted your request.
- You can also click on “Received requests” to see the list of everyone that has accepted your requests.
5. Stop Seeing Birthdays Notification
For every single day, you will be notified that so-so friends are having their birthdays today (that’s if your friends are like mine who celebrate every day). It is a very good way to connect with friends and celebrate them on their birthdays.
However, if you hate that and birthdays in general, you can stop the notifications. How?
- Go to Settings > Notifications> On Facebook > Edit.
- There are many things here you can curtail, such as highlights of what you did on that day in the past, activities of your closest friends, the launch of new local Pages, etc.
- Look for the birthday option. It is usually set at “on”. You can turn it off at your wish.
Now you have known the Top 5 Facebook Hidden Features. Which of these would you start using from today? Share with us below.