Truth is, many persons will be surprised when they realise the VLC media player features. There are many features of the VLC media player you never knew existed, apart from using the application to watch movies and play audio files. More and more people are downloading this quality app everyday. This is because of the rich features it contains.
The VLC media player is head above many other media players you can think of. One of the things that i value some much about this app is the ability to give subtitles when watching some Indian movies. Few apps offers this unique feature. We want to show you the secret VLC media player features.
Page Table of Contents
Top Secret VLC Media Player Features
Let us show you.
1. YouTube Video Downloader
The VLC serves a YouTube video downloader. See how it works.
- Open the VLC app.
- Click on Media > Open Network stream.
- Paste the YouTube URL and click the Play button in the player.
- VLC Media Player starts streaming the video. Now, click Tools > Codec Information and at the bottom of the window you will see a Location box.
- Copy the long URL in the box and paste this into your browser’s address bar. The browser will now start playing the video file.
- You can download the video file to your desktop by doing a Save video as with a right-click on the video. Or you can choose to record the video.
Also See: How To Record Your Webcam With VLC
2. Video Conversion To Any Format
- From the toolbar, click on Media > Convert / Save.
- In the Open Media dialog box, click on the Add button and choose the media file for conversion. Then, click on the Convert / Save dropdown > Convert.
- Open the dropdown menu for Profile and select the file format that you would like to convert your file to. You can also click on the gear icon next to it and edit the chosen profile.
- Click on Browse and select a location to save the converted file. Then, click on Start to begin the conversion and monitor its progress in the bar below.
Also See: Download VLC Media Player Latest Version
3. As Graphic Equalizer For Music
You may be using VLC as a video player only, but VLC is a cross-platform standalone media player too and that brings full audio effects with playlist support. VLC not only displays cover art but also has a pretty good graphic equalizer tucked away inside it.
- Display it with the shortcut keystrokes Ctrl + E, OR
- Go to Tools > Effects and Filters > Audio Effects).
- Adjust the sound quality with the available presets, or fine-tune it with the Equalizer, Compressor, and Spatializer tabs.
Also See: Download YouTube Go For Android Free
4. Internet Radio & Audio Player
One of VLC’s little used features could definitely be its ability to find and play internet radio stations. The VLC Player can fill all your audio needs as it can not only stream radio but also play podcasts.
- Launch VLC and open the Playlist sidebar.
- Under Internet, you can browse through the two radio servers—Jamendo and Icecast—and choose a station of your choice by clicking on it.
- Also, make sure the Playlist view mode is set to List (Go to View > Playlist View Mode > List).
- If your favorite internet radio station is not on the list, use the station’s URL to stream it via VLC. Go to Media > Open Network Stream… Enter the URL and press Play in order to begin listening.
And to play podcasts in VLC:
- You can manage your favorite podcasts via the same Playlist interface.
- Go to Playlist and under the Internet section, select Podcasts.
- As soon your cursor is over the Podcasts section, click the plus sign.
- Copy and paste the RSS feed URL of the podcast you wish to listen and click on OK. The podcast will be added to the sidebar and you can pick the episode you want to listen to.
5. Audio/Video Loop
Most media players can loop an entire video or a soundtrack. With VLC, you have the added bonus of looping any specific section of a media file.
- Open the video or audio file with VLC. Go to View > Advanced Controls.
- Now, a few more buttons will be displayed above the normal play and stop controls.
- To start the loop from a specific part of the video, move the playhead to the part where you want the loop to start (Point A).
- Click the loop button once. The “A” mark on the button will turn red. To finish the loop, take the video to the endpoint and click on the same button again. You will see both the A and B points of the button are red.
- Now play the video and the section will loop. Click the loop button once again if you want to switch it off.
Talk to us. Which of these VLC Media Player Features do you make use of? Let;s hear from you.