Uber is one of the most popular peer-to-peer ridesharing, food delivery, and transportation network industry. With the Uber App, you can get a comprehensive information about the driver-partner with whom you will ride, including first name, vehicle type, and license plate number.
Ride-hailing and payment are all handled through a smartphone app, and you needn’t handle cash or even offer tips to your Uber driver.
Uber is in over 700 major cities around the world. Whether you’re travelling to Seattle, Dubai, Tokyo, London, Paris, Montreal, Nigeria or Chicago, you can expect Uber rides to be available in those cities and other major metro centres.
How Does Uber Drive Mobile App Works?
- Install the app on your smartphone and create an online Uber account. Your credit card will be attached to your account, so you never need to handle any cash.
- When you need a ride, use the app to tell Uber your pickup location. Your phone GPS can help you with this. There are also text message and mobile website alternatives to using the app.
- Uber will text you to confirm how many minutes you will wait. Rides are commonly 3 to 10 minutes away in major centres.
- Uber will then text you when the ride has arrived. The Uber app will also show you details of the driver, his/her name and photo, and the type of car he/she drives.
- Take the ride, optionally sharing with any other Uber users who can split the fare electronically with you.
- Payment is handled invisibly, with no tip required. You just step out of the car at the end and wave thank you.
- After your ride, you rate the driver on a scale of 1 to 5 (politeness, safety, cleanliness). Similarly, the driver rates you from 1 to 5 (politeness).
Note: You can also request a ride on their behalf. When you set a pickup location that is not your current location, the app will ask if this ride is for someone else. When you select yes, you will be asked to select the person’s information from your contacts list. Uber will then send a text message to the rider with the name of the car and the license plate number, as well as other important information about the ride.
Uber Prices and Booking – You should know about it
- split the fare with my friends: When you request a ride, you’ll see the option to Split Fare when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. You can then enter the names or phone numbers of the people that you want to split the fare with. Those riders will get a notification and be able to accept the charge. This feature costs an additional token.
Download Official Uber Drive Mobile App
Downloading the Uber App is simple as ABC, still the same way you gt other apps on your mobile phone. But you can as well use the links below to download the official Uber app for your mobile phone.
Uber’s Different car tiers options for your needs and preferences
Uber offers different options, all depends on your needs and preferences. Ranging from single riders and groups up to executive limo services.
- UberX – This is the standard car. It’s usually a sedan or basic SUV and is set up to seat up to four people.
- UberXL – This is the standard car for up to six people. It is usually a basic SUV or a mini van. It is never a sedan.
- Select – This is a high end model of car. It’s usually a luxury vehicle or larger-sized sports car. It seats up to four people.
- Black – This is a high-end model of car with a professional driver. It can sometimes be a limousine or other luxury vehicle that denotes expensive taste. It seats up to four people.
- SUV – This is a luxury SUV, fancier than a standard model. It seats up to six people.
- Assist – This is a standard vehicle with a certified assistant driver. It’s meant for people needing help getting in and out of the car but is not wheel-chair supported. It seats up to four people.
- WAV – This is a wheelchair accessible vehicle. It is a van with a raise/lower lever and a designated spot for the chair. It seats up to four people.
- Español – This is a standard car with a driver that speaks Spanish. The car model is the same as an Uber X. It seats up to four people.
How to Sign Up to Ride With Uber
Uber ride registration is free with a simple form to complete, requesting you provide your Name, Phone number, Email address and create a password – and you are done creating the account. You can do create your account either using a mobile phone or through a desktop. Nothing changes!
Here is the practical step to sign up Uber Drive account
Log on to the official website
The sign up link takes you straight to form so you can provided all relevant informtion of you.
Fill up the Registration Form
Every esspect of the form is important; starting with your Name, phone number, email and password.
Then if you have a promo code you can as well click on the link below the password to enter your promo-code.
Verify Your Uber Account Registration
Uber will send a verification code via phone sms or a link for you to verify your registration in order to complete the registration process.
Once that is done, you just finished registering for Uber account for free. Now its time to start booking and driving around with Uber.
How to Find Uber in Cities Around the W
- visit here
- on your country list, select/click the state
- now you can
intantlyrequest for a ride or get a price estimate
To See All Airports Uber Serves
Now you can ride to and from airports, and in most regions schedule a ride if you wish planning ahead.
From here you can also browser out
When the page open, from the country you are – click on the airpost and and request for ride to drive you around the cities of that country.