The meals we take into our body system are drifting far away from natural foods. Many of our supermarkets are filled with canned foods, and processed foods, which are entirely unhealthy for human consumption every time. Or is it foods filled with preservatives and additives or colouring?
Take for example our junk foods, if we are not buying foodstuffs from markets, we are either eating snacks, fries, pizza, or cheeseburgers. All these can cause a lot of unhealthy effects on the human body. From obesity to heart disease to diabetes etc.
But when you add a bit of fresh fruits and vegetables into your meal plan or diet, it helps to improve your health. And provides other Benefits to your body. These benefits are not limited to the 10 list we have here, there are several other benefits eating fruits and vegetables can give you.
So let’s jump right into today’s article : listing the 10 benefits of eating fresh fruits and vegetables not the processed ones.
Health Benefits Of Eating Fruits And Vegetables
Eating fruits and vegetables regularly can provide a range of health benefits that are nothing short of astonishing. From reducing the risk of chronic diseases to improving digestion and mental health, there are countless reasons why you should make these nutrient-rich foods a staple in your diet.
Some of the top health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables include improved heart health, increased energy levels, better skin, weight management, and a stronger immune system. The information contained on this page will give you swift idea to give your body the nutrients it needs to thrive, be sure to load up on plenty of fresh fruits and veggies.
- Fruits and veggies are wonderful source that provides the body with the amount of vitamins and minerals it needs. If you should ask your dietitian or the internet, you will discover that eating fruits and vegetables is the best way to get better nutritional value. Fruits are packed with a lot of vitamins which are; Vitamins C, vitamin A and Vitamin E, with also Vegetables, which helps in providing nutrients like Zinc, Phosphorus, magnesium and folic acid. To be able to get potassium, which provides essential minerals for your health. Please try to eat plenty of bananas, prunes, avocados, and tomatoes.
- When you eat fruits and Vegetables, you get to enjoy a lot of flavours and textures. Fruits and vegetables have special and interesting tastes and looks. It helps you be very creative whenever you cook with several vegetables in the kitchen. Vegetables like olives, onions, mushrooms, corn, peppers, etc… You can also add fruits to your foods like grapefruits, lemons, oranges, plums, pineapples etc.
- A lot of fruits and vegetables are rich in fibre to boost your gut health. There are several fruits and veggies that have more fibres in them than others, and they are Green peas, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pears, raspberries etc.
- Fruits and vegetables have low fat and calories, most especially veggies are very low in fat and low in calories. Especially for those that want to loose weight. So eat more vegetables to help you burn out fat and calories. You can even go on a fruit and vegetable fast and watch yourself and your health flourishing. You can also eat half cups of grapes versus to help you save over 200 calories.
- Fruits and vegetables help fight against diseases. Several Fruits and vegetables contain chemicals called phytochemicals. Phytochemicals are active substances biologically and they help to protect you from diseases such as Cancer, stroke, asthma, diabetes and all other diseases. This will certainly help you to have a low risk of having these diseases. Which are heart diseases, stroke, type 2 diabetes, Cancer and high blood pressure. So try adding these vegetables to your meal plan. Such as Collards, Cabbage, Watercress and broccoli because they help in reducing Cancer risks.
- Eating fruits and vegetables improves your good health. There are several reasons why you should add them to your daily meals rather than chucking a lot of junk and processed foods. One of the reasons is that it is low in Saturated salt, Saturated fat, and Saturated sugar.
Vegetables and fruits help reduce inflammation, lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood pressure to normal. It’s also part of a balanced diet.
- Fruits and vegetables need no packaging like your cakes, chocolate , granola bars etc So it’s very easy to grab one and eat as you head out for your normal daily business.
- Making them into blended juices helps also to lock in that nutritional value into your body system. If you are the type of person that doesn’t like eating a particular fruit, then why not try to blend it with other sweet fruits that you eat like pineapple, apple, or banana and enjoy it fresh as juice?
Also whenever you are using a blender to make your smoothie, try to add some spinach leaf into it. It doesn’t have a weird taste when you add them until you cook spinach that is when the taste is incorporated into your food.
A lot of people do this and even your kids will love it!
Hope this article was helpful to you, leave us a message so we know you read through the article, if you have any questions or suggestions, also leave us a message too. And don’t forget to share this video to who you might feel need to read this article.