Another new lunch of Android OS has been released, this time the OS version was called v6.0.1 Marshmallow. I know so many Android phone users will love to learn how to upgrade Android OS Version to v6.0.1 Marshmallow and that is what we’ve got to show you on this page.
So far there has been several versions of Android OS which I have once listed on this page. Click here to see all Android OS Versions so far.
Some on might be asking; What is Android OS? or Why should I Upgrade Android OS Version to v6.0.1 Marshmallow? – You read to know all this here.
What is Android OS?
The Android OS, simply means Android Operating System. This are operating system which help to determine the ability of the device in question. The Android OS comes in different versions and each of this versions are greater than each others. The greater the version of the OS the higher the phone or device.
Why should I Upgrade Android OS?
Its very important upgrading your Phones because very day new invention is been released, so if your device allows you to upgrade then what are you waiting for, you will not be charged or ask for credit card, all you need is a good internet connection just in case there are any available upgrades for you. Sometime it could be that the upgrade is concerned in; Phone security lock, Battery enhancer, etc
Simple Guide on How to Upgrade Android OS Version to v6.0.1 Marshmallow
Upgrading to latest Android version v6.0.1 Marshmallow gives your device or Smartphone the opportunity of getting very latest updates for that version. Although not all Android phones can be upgraded that is why this article was written to guiding you how to upgrade, which and which not phones to attempt upgrading.
- To start with, you should know it very important to “Backup” your content in your device, am talking of contents like; images, files, musics & videos, Phone apps, Phone setting, Phone contacts, etc. Reason being it that there is a 1% chance that during the process of upgrade Android to latest version it may crash. So to save your self from that lose you have to “BackUp” your Phones.
Here is how to backup your phone data
lunch your phone app menu
click on “System Settings”
Click on “Privacy” option right under “Language” in the Settings screen
Check the box “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore”
Select any one of your existing account that will show up, so that all your backups will be directed in there.
Select “Existing” for a different account that already exists, or click “New” to set up a new one. This will help ensure your data stays safe.
Back to how steps on how to upgrade your Android OS to the latest version.
2. Now go back to your Phone Settings Menu
3. Scroll down to About phone and tap it to open your device’s information screen. This is located at the bottom of the Settings list.
But in some latest android phones like Gionee, there is a separate menu apps for “System Updates.” So in this case you do not need to go to settings.
4. Tap the System updates option. This may also be labeled Software updates.
5. Tap “Check now”. Your device will check whether there is any updates are available. And if there is any new updates , the update will begin downloading to your device.
Please Note that at this point larger updates could take a while, and you should have your device connected to a Wi-Fi network so that you avoid going over your data allotment.
Watch Free Video On How to Manually Upgrade Android Easily
Watch this video to still enlighten you more on how to Upgrade Android OS Version to v6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Use the comment box below and tell us if you faced any new challenges which was not listed here, so that our team can always put you through.