If you are into Podcasting, one of the best thing that will happen to you is to be able to upload or submit your podcast on iTunes Apple podcast. This isn’t something hard to do you know. And what most people do not know is that it is free of charge. We will take your hand and guide you on how to upload podcast on iTunes.
Let us clear something out of the way. While you want to submit your podcast to iTunes, you really need to know that iTunes doesn’t host your podcast. The way it works is that you host your podcast on any Podcast directories you want. Then, you will take the link (the URL) and submit on iTunes.
So, when people find your page on iTunes, they will be taken back to your Podcast directory. So, in simple terms:
- You publish your podcast.
- Get the URL
- Submit on iTunes Podcast
- Then, listeners click on it and listen to your podcast.
- Quite that simple.
How To Upload Podcast On iTunes Apple Podcast
So, let’s show you how to upload podcast on iTunes podcast. Good to go?
You must have an active Apple ID to submit podcasts to the iTunes Store Apple Podcasts directory. You may create a new Apple ID if you do not already have one.
- The first thing is to sign in to iTunes Podcasts Connect
- Click the “iTunes Conect add podcast button” at the top left of the iTunes Connect dashboard.
- Enter your RSS feed into the provided text box and then click the “Validate” button.
- A Feed Preview will load if you do not have any validation errors. Please take a moment and review your podcast artwork, description, general information (e.g. description, categories, etc), and episodes.
- If everything within the Feed Preview is correct, click the “Submit” button.
iTunes Apple Podcast Submission Requirements
Before you submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts make sure you meet the following minimum requirements.
- Your artwork is a square jpg or png formatted image at least 1400 x 1400 and at most 3000 x 3000 in size in RGB color space (1400 x 1400 jpg image recommended).
- A unique podcast program title (check iTunes to make sure your program title is unique).
- At least one iTunes category selected.
- Valid email address in the iTunes email field (notifications from Apple will be sent to this address)
- Have created at least one blog post with media (a podcast episode) in either mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, pdf, or epub format.
If you have completed the above steps, you are now ready to submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories.
How Long Does It Take For iTunes To Approve Podcasts?
All podcasts submitted to Apple Podcasts are moderated. The process can take up to 10 days, though most submissions are approved within 3 days and on occasion only a few hours.
Apple will email the address you entered as your iTunes email in PowerPress settings when your podcast is approved. The message will be titled “Apple Podcasts Store Podcast Approved Notification” and will include your own unique Apple Podcasts subscribe URL. Please copy this URL and save it into the PowerPress settings > Apple tab section in the “Apple Podcasts Subscribe URL” field.
If you follow this guide on How To Upload Podcast On iTunes Apple Podcast and still encounter issues, kindly use the comment box below and we shall attend to you immediately.