iPhone can be used in many ways and for different purposes. In this guide, I want to show you how you can use iPhone without a SIM card. It is very possible. All you need to do is to ensure you read this guideline and follow every instruction.
Do you have an old iPhone that you only want to use for certain functions like FaceTime, Texting or Email and not for calling? If this is the case, you may very well have tried to use the device without a SIM card. If you are having issues doing this, please note that it is possible to use your iPhone like an iPod. This article will provide you with two ways you can use an iPhone without a SIM card. Keep reading to find out how.
So, how do we go about doing this? Follow me.
How To Use iPhone Without A Sim Card
So, here is the guide you need to use iPhone without having to insert a Sim card in it.
Step 1: Erase All Content
If you want to use your iPhone without inserting a Sim Card, you will start by erasing every content of and the settings from the iPhone. Don’t ever skip this step. To do this,
- First, open your phone and go to settings.
- The next step is to go to “General” and then tap on “reset”.
- Afterwards, you will see the option to “erase all contents & settings”. Tap on it.
- After you have done this, a setup screen will be shown to you.
Step 2: Insert A Sim Card
So, you have succeeded in erasing all previous content. The next step is to insert a Sim Card. Before you ask, I will answer. You will need to insert a Sim Card first before this process is completed. So, you will need to first insert a very functional sim card. This is just a temporary step. You will take out this sim card later.
Step 3: Activate the iPhone Using iTunes
This is the final step. You will need to have access to a computer. You will need to activate the device without a SIM would be through iTunes.
- So, first, you will have to connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cables.
- Then, launch iTunes. You will be sent a message prompt. This prompt will guide you on how to activate the process.
- Then follow the guide and complete process successfully.
- Finally, you can easily remove the SIM card and start using the phone without sim card.
What Can You Do With This iPhone?
Please bear in mind that you can use the iPhone as an iPod with certain restrictions. You can use it to do things like FaceTime, Texting or Email. You won’t be able to make calls with the phone. So, bear that in mind.
Do you have any further questions on this? Ask us and get your answers.