have you ever wanted how to use Skype to send messages as well as do video calls? If you have ever wondered about that, then, I am going to guide you through the processes you will need to know. Skype is one of the best social media apps you can use to connect with friends and business associates.
The latest updated version of Skype is version 8 (Skype 8). Also, the latest version of Skype for desktop includes your requested improvements. The latest version of Skype is faster to load, more reliable than ever and helps you get more done together with the people that matter most to you. Skype (version 8) also includes features for a more personalized, interactive experience with your friends, family and coworkers. Let us show you how to use Skype.
How To Use Skype
We will make it plain and simple and break it down for easier understanding.
How To Send Skype Instant Message
- From the Chats screen, select the person or group you want to instant message.
- Type your message in the chat window and select the Send
- To jump to your most recent message within a chat, select the down chevron The option to jump to your most recent message within a chat is only available in Skype on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
How To Send Mojis & Emoticons
- While in your chat, select the emoticon or Moji
- Scroll through the options to find the emoticon or Moji you want to send. Alternatively, you can use Search to type a description or the name of the emoticon or Moji you want. As you type, your options will narrow down to match what you are looking for.
- After selecting the emoticon or Moji, select Send.
How To Make Skype Call
Calling Skype contacts on Skype is always free – but to call a mobile phone or landline through Skype requires Skype Credit or a subscription.
- Find the person you want to call from your Contacts
Note: If you’ve synced your mobile address book with your Skype contact list, you can also make Skype calls right from your device’s contact list. Just tap the Skype button next to the person you want to call. (Available in Skype version 8 on Android (6.0+), and iPhone).
- Select the contact you want to call, and then select the audio , or video If you want to make a group call, simply add another participant.
- At the end of a call, select the end call button to hang up.
- Psst… You can also quickly turn any chat into a call – just select the audio , or video button from your chat.
How To Find New Contacts on Skype On Desktop
- Select Search Skype.
- Type the name, Skype name or email of the person you want to chat with.
- Select your friend from the search results and you’ll be taken to a conversation window.
- Type a message and select the Send They will automatically be added to your contact list, however, you will only be able to send up to 10 messages to them and images will be blurred until they accept your request.
Do you have a friend who’s not on Skype? No worries, Skype makes it easy to invite anyone to chat. Select your profile picture and select Share profile.
Comments or Questions? Ask!