Chelsea and Nigeria’s player Victor Moses, has woon the inaugural NFF player of the Year award. Victor Moses defeated the likes of Leicester City’s Wilfred Ndidi and Anthony Okpotu of Lobi Stars. This is an award largely deserved by Moses who helped Chelsea to win the English premier League title in the 2017/2018 season.
The NFF Player of the Year award is the first of its kind. Other countries of the world have been giving this award to their best performing football players in the period under consideration. For Victor Moses who lost out from the CAF award, this is a big and great news.
NFF Player Of The Year Award Full Winners
There were many other awards that were given out to other deserving winners as well. The event that took place last night, 19th February, was attended by many dignitaries including FIFA President Gianni Infantino, FIFA Secretary General, Fatma Samoura, CAF President Ahmad Ahmad and the evening’s host, NFF President Amaju Pinnick.
Reigning CAF Women Player of the Year, Asisat Oshoala won the Female Player of the year. She defeated Francisca Ordega and Charity Reuben to win the female prize.
See the full list of winners here.
- CLUB OF THE YEAR: Remo Star Fc
- FANS AWARD: Elkanemi warriors
- COACH OF THE YEAR(female): Ann Chiejine
- COACH OF THE YEAR (Male): Kennedy Boboye
- TEAM OF THE SEASON: Plateau United
- DEVELOPMENTAL AWARDS: Channel Sports.
- PLATINUM AWARDS: Gianni Infantino
- GOAL OF THE SEASON: Sikiru Ola.(MFM )
- FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Azizat Oshiola
- MALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Victor Moses
There was also a Legend 11 award. The Legend 11 include the following:
- 1. Ann Chiejine
- 2. Austin Eguavoen
- 3. Christian Chukwu
- 4. Uche Okechukwu
- 5. Felix Owolabi
- 6. Nwankwo Kanu
- 7. Austin “Jay-Jay” Okocha
- 8. Segun Odegbami
- 9. Adokiye Amiesimaka
- 10. Mercy Akide-Udoh
- 11. Thomson Usiyan
Congratulations to Victor Moses and other winners in the NFF Player Of The Year Award.