Have you opened your WhatsApp to send messages like “This Message Is Deleted”? For me, when this happens, there is this curiosity in me that really wants to see what was sent. If you are like me, you would most likely want to learn how to read deleted WhatsApp messages. And, you are in the right place. We will show you just how.
WhatsApp has a unique feature that allows people to delete messages within an hour. If you happened to reply someone out of anger, you may want to recall the message before the person sees it. If also you unintentionally forwarded a message to someone or to a group, this feature allows you to delete the message.
But, what about you that is like me that wants to see what was sent? Wouldn’t you want to learn how to read deleted WhatsApp messages? I am sure you would. I will show you how here.
How To Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Below are the ways you can use to see a deleted WhatsApp message.
1. Read deleted messages using WhatsApp Chat Backup
WhatsApp Chat backup occurs every night at 2 am by default. You can change the frequency of backup to daily, weekly or monthly. However, choosing daily as the preferred backup frequency is recommended as you can restore chats before the next backup occurs at 2 am.
To restore deleted WhatsApp chats, pursue the following steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and install it again from Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and enter your mobile number along with the country code in the next step.
- You will be presented with an option to restore chats from a backup. Click on the restore option and your WhatsApp chats will be restored.
- From there, you can read the deleted WhatsApp message.
How To Read Deleted Whatsapp Messages Through The Notification Log
You can read the deleted WhatsApp messages from your notification log. Here is how to go about it.
- Go to the Home Screen on your Android phone.
- Tap and hold somewhere in the free area on the screen.
- Tap widgets, and find the Settings widget on the list.
- Now, tap and hold the Settings widget and place it anywhere on the home screen. A list of available options would appear next.
- Scroll down and select Notification Log.
- Now, tapping that new Settings icon on the Home Screen would show Android notifications from the past and also the deleted WhatsApp messages which were displayed as notifications.
There are many more ways you can read a send deleted message on WhatsApp. Just remember that as you are looking to see a deleted message on your phone, others are seeking the same means. It is important then, to be careful before sending any message to anyone on WhatsApp.