The World Cup 2018 Round of 16 draw has been made. You can now see who are the teams that were not eliminated in the group stage and who they will face. The group stage was filled with surprises and entertainment. Holders, Germany, were knocked out of the competition. This is the greatest shock of this 2018 world cup. Senegal were also eliminated using the Fair Play rule, becoming the only team to have suffered such fate.
Argentina survived by the skin of their teeth. They needed a 86th minute winner from Marcus Rojo against Nigeria to advance. They live to fight another day. Brazil seems to be clicking after a surprising opening day draw with Switzerland. Croatia was able to earn the whole 9pts after winning Iceland, Argentina and Nigeria in Group D. They are beating above expectations.
World Cup 2018 Round Of 16 Draw – See All Knock Out Fixtures
So, let’s look at all the teams that qualified here.
- Uruguay (winners of Group A)
- Russia (runners-up in Group A)
- Spain (winners of Group B)
- Portugal (runners-up in Group B)
- France (winners of Group C)
- Denmark (runners-up in Group C)
- Croatia (winners of Group D)
- Argentina (runners-up in Group D)
- Brazil (winners in Group E)
- Switzerland (runners-up in Group E)
- Sweden (winners in Group F)
- Mexico (runners-up in Group F)
- Belgium (winners in Group G)
- England (runners-up in Group G)
- Colombia (winners in Group H)
- Japan (runners-up in Group H)
All Knock Out Fixtures
ROUND OF 16
- 3pm Saturday — France v Argentina
- 7pm Saturday — Uruguay v Portugal
- 3pm Sunday — Spain v Russia
- 7pm Sunday — Croatia v Denmark
- 3pm Monday — Brazil v Mexico
- 7pm Monday — Belgium v Japan
- 3m Tuesday — Sweden v Switzerland
- 7m Tuesday — Colombia v England.
- 3pm Friday July 7 — Uruguay/Portugal v France/Argentina
- 7pm Friday July 7 — Brazil/Mexico v Belgium/Japan
- 3pm Saturday July 8 — Sweden/Switzerland v Colombia/England
- 7pm Saturday July 8 — Spain/Russia v Croatia/Denmark
This is all on the World Cup 2018 Round Of 16 draw. So, whats your predictions? Who do you think will go through? Let’s hear from you.