One of the greatest challenge facing job seekers is the issue of application letters. There are many who are qualified for certain job offers, they have the qualifications, but have been able to get employed because of a poorly written application letter. It is this challenge we intend to solve by bringing you the tip on how to write job application letter.
Before your qualification and certificates are considered, your application letter is the first thing to look at. Once your application letter is not up to the needed standard, it will be discarded and your application will not be considered. This could be the reason why most people keep writing applications to different organisations and they are never invited for interviews.
Also See: Top Job Interview Questions & Answers
So, learning how to write job application letter is a very vital skill every job seeker must have to know. You are doing the right thing in seeking out this information. We shall be giving you every detail that will ensure you write a well-fit application letter.
How To Write Job Application Letter (With Samples)
Here, we will give you details on how to write job application letter. It could have been easier to just show you a sample letter and allow you to decode what next. But, we will not. We will give you what a great application/cover letter contains. With these tips, you will be well equipped to write as many application letters you would love to.
Contents Of a Good Cover/Application Letter
The first thing to include in your cover letter is the address of the applicant and the prospective employer. This is the contact information. It should contain your name, address, phone number, email and then, the date. Yours should be to the far right. then, the employer’s detail should include the following name or the title of the person you are addressing to, the company and the contact address.
Next is the greetings. The best to use is “Dear sir/ma”. If you know who exactly the letter is going to, then be specific with the gender of the person. This should be followed by the subject matter. That is, the reason which you are applying. So, that means you will state the job vacancy you are applying for. See example in the sample letter below.
Every part of the letter is quite important. This body is equally so. What are you expected to do? Express your interest in the first paragraph. State where you found the position, and how you’ll benefit the employer. The second paragraph should be a summary of your strengths, qualifications, and experience. Please ensure you do this in line with the job vacancy you are applying for. Conclude with an explicit one-sentence summary of why you’re the perfect candidate. Finally, invite the hiring manager to contact you.
The best complimentary closing remains, “Yours Faithfully’, followed by your signature and your name in different lines.
- Length: A letter of application should be no more than one page long
- Format and Page Margins: A letter of application should be single-spaced with a space between each paragraph. Use about 1″ margins and align your text to the left, which is the standard alignment for most documents.
- Font: Use a traditional font such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri. The font size should be between 10 and 12 points.
- Furthermore, ensure you eliminate every typing and spelling errors. This will show how serious you are.
- Additionally, makes sure your work is neat and clean. if it’s handwritten, use clean papers.
- As already pointed out, your application letter is not your resume. Your resume/CV contains your qualifications and how they are acquired. The letter is simply a brief summary and mention of the relevant requirements that are related to the job you are applying for.
You now have the tips on How To Write Job Application Letter. Make sure you follow these guides here. However, if you have any question, kindly use the comment box below.
We care for you. Please share.