www.nsfas.org.za Online Application 2019 – The 2019 application for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is currently ongoing. The financial scheme is open to all South African undergraduates and
Here, we will outline all you will need to know and how you can go about the application online.
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programme;
- Also, You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- Finally, you have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
Ensure that you have electronic (and certified copies not older than 3 months) of the following:
- Your South African ID or a birth certificate (if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card)
- ID of parents and/or guardian or a death certificate where applicable
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- Consent form and the contact details which can be downloaded here.
Who should not apply?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Also, Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
- Applications Deadline: Open for applications
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree programs.
- Study Subject: You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below, which you may apply for:
- BTech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
Scholarship Award: Government has set up the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to provide students with financial assistance to cover the cost for registration and tuition and to provide them with allowances for books, food, transport, and accommodation.
www.nsfas.org.za Online Application –How to Apply
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- • Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- • ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- • Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- • A completed and signed consent form must be filled in with your parent’s/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete
- • If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A, complete it, and submit it with your application.
- Then log onto the application portal (www.nsfas.org.za/content/), click “Apply” and complete the application process.
If you are accessing the www.nsfas.org.za Online Application form, please ensure you follow these guidelines.
So, if you have any question and comment, kindly use the comment box below.