Have you ever considered the possibility of connecting your iPhone to the TV in your home? If you ever thought it was impossible, i’m here to burst your bubble. You can connect iPhone to TV. Infact, there is more than one way to do that. In this guide, we are here to ensure we show you 3 different ways you can do that. It is a Do It Yourself (DIY) guideline. So, all you need to do is to read and follow these guidelines here.
Whether you need to mirror your phone screen or use your iPhone as a remote, we’ve rounded up the most common ways to connect your iPhone to your TV and how to do it. Sometimes even a 10-inch screen is just too small. Fortunately, it’s easy enough to connect your iPhone or iPad to any recent TV for a bigger-screen media experience. Here’s our guide, from the simplest to the most complex solutions.
How To Connect iPhone To TV
Let us show the 3 different ways you can do this.
1. Use HDMI Cable
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Connect the other end to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on your iOS device.
- If you need to charge your device while using it, plug one end of a Lightning to USB or Dock Connector to USB cord into the second port on the adapter and plug the other end into a power source.
- Switch to the HDMI input on your TV.
2. Connect Your Phone with AirPlay and Apple TV
If you prefer the wireless life, connect your iPhone to your TV easily with an Apple TV and Apple’s AirPlay wireless protocol. This lets you stream content directly or mirror your device’s display on your TV.
The setup is about as easy as it gets:
- Make sure your iPhone and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network—otherwise they won’t see each other.
- Open Control Center on your iOS device. On iPad or any iPhone other than the iPhone X, do this by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. On iPhone X, swipe down from the right of the notch.
- Tap the AirPlay Mirroring button. (It looks like a triangle pointing up to a rectangle.)
- Select your Apple TV from the list that appears.
3. Cast Your Phone through Chromecast
Chromecast users can use their iPhones to cast to any TV with a Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra plugged in. This is a more affordable option since the Chromecast dongles cost only about $35.00.
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Open a Chromecast-supported app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Cast button. (It’s a rounded rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom left corner.) Select “Chromecast” from the list of available devices.
Use these steps listed here to Connect iPhone To TV and start having fun. Have a questions? Use the comment box below and we shall attend to you.