The top job interview questions and answers is meant to provide job seekers with some of the most common questions employers ask. These questions are often asked by employers with a view of understanding the employees thought patterns, assessing the qualifications as well as having practical feedback from the employees. It is therefore very necessary for the job seeker to know these questions and prepare him/herself. Going for extra research is also advocated.
To the employee, you do not necessarily need to memorize most of the answers here. It is expected to give you a guideline on how to answer these questions if asked and adapting it to your specific situation. Therefore, we say it is important to be prepared before going to an interview. This is because many of the behavioral interview questions are standard questions that are asked by almost anyone. So, let us go through some of the top job interview questions and answers.
Top Job Interview Questions and Answers
Tell us about yourself You are expected to give a brief analysis of yourself. You are actually expected to stay within the limits of your education, career and current situation. Make it brief and concise.
- What is your biggest strength? When answering this question, it is recommended you share your true strengths. Show how the strength is relevant to the position you are applying for. Pointing out your “persuasive communication” or “relationship building” skills is very helpful. Then, follow up with an example of how you’ve demonstrated these traits in a professional setting
- Why should we employ you? Your answer could follow a line as this “With five years’ experience working in the financial industry and my proven record of saving the company money, I could make a big difference in your company. I’m confident I would be a great addition to your team.” Try to exalt your success in your previous working job.
- How would you be described by your former boss and colleagues? Try to pull out strengths and traits you haven’t discussed in other aspects of the interview, such as your strong work ethic or your willingness to pitch in on other projects when needed. You could add how your former colleagues described you.
- Why did you leave your last job? While answering this, be mindful not to sell off yourself as being materialistic. You could say you believe the new job will offer better opportunities for self improvement. Maybe you were fired in your previous job, or you relocated. Be selectively sincere and tactful here.
Also See: Best Dressing Tips For Successful Interviews; Top Interview Etiquettes For Successful Interviews
- How do you handle stress and pressure? There are several ways of addressing this one. You may be the sort of person that works well under pressure; you may even thrive under pressure. Whatever the case may be just make sure you don’t say you panic. You want to give specific examples of stressful situations and how well you dealt with them. You may also want to list a few tools you use to help you, such as to-do lists etc.
- What is your career goal? When you respond to questions about your future goals, it’s a good idea to mesh your objectives with what the company might offer as a career path. At the least, make sure your goals involve staying with this company for more than a short-term basis.
- What should we pay you? The last top job interview questions and answers bothers on salary. There is no straightforward answer to this. It is a banana-peel-like situation. The best advice is to make inquiries of the firm’s salary scale and know how best to answer without having to sell yourself off.
These top job interview questions and answers are meant to enable you prepare for your interview. These questions have been found to be repeated in various interviews. They are not all you will be asked, but, having this knowledge should prepare you for the questions. Let us hear your thoughts, opinions and experiences. Thank you!